“Lots more than just chocolate”

Dolce Bella Chocolates & Cafe
Ranked #20 of 58 Dessert in San Jose
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Located in an unassuming strip shopping center, Dolce Bella rivals many higher-priced restaurants. For $7, I had a sublime caprese salad, made with heirloom tomatoes and basil from the restaurant's own garden. Topped with a fresh, mild mozzarella and a mild olive oil and balsamic vinegar which complemented but didn't compete with the luscious, fresh tomatoes. The main course, at $17, was homemade linguini with the sweetest prawns I've had recently and a not-too-sweet-not-too-acid fresh tomato sauce. All this was a mere excuse to get at the Valrhona chocolate cake ($6), which made my mouth sing! A small scoop of housemade vanilla ice cream complemented it perfectly. can't wait to go back to try the other desserts & chocolates as well as sandwiches and salads. Worth a detour! Did I mention there was live music, too?

1  Thank Ms_Quilt

Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is a chocolate shop with a nice cafe. I am on their weekly email list, and look forward all week to receiving their Thursday through Sunday dinner menu. They have a very small menu, with a couple weekly specials. Wonderful pork, salmon, and pasta dishes. Quiche and paninis are always on the menu, but I have only had the weekly specials. A glass of wine is half price on Thursday nights. There food is locally grown and fresh. Fabulous desserts, and I guess you would expect that. But my favorite dessert is not chocolate, but an apple crisp with caramel ice cream. Perfect ending to a great meal!

1  Thank sunkitten60
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A friend suggested meeting friends for a surprise birthday lunch at Dolce Bella. What a pleasant surprise! I did have a hard time finding it but it was worth the search! The chocolates are excellent and the tarragon salad was delicious! We all sat outside with our dogs. It's so nice to find a good place for lunch that you can take dogs. We will definitely return- both for lunch and the chocolate!

1  Thank SmokeyandAshes
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The restaurant and chocolate shop are located in a small shopping area and not easy to find. But it is worth looking for it. The menu is a bit small but there were several good choices. My friend and I both had a large size ravioli with a soft boiled egg on top, served over asparagus. I know it sounds odd but it was really good. It was supposed to be a starter but we ate it as our entrée. Probably should have ordered a double portion. And then we splurged and split a delicious chocolate layer cake with yummy frosting. The prices are very reasonable and they do change the menu frequently.

1  Thank Orlando1944