We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last few months.
The 3 rooms we stayed in varied in size from small to large but were all nicely appointed, clean and recently remodeled.
The air quality in this hotel is great as it is smoke free and has no strong odors from cleaning products for those of you with asthma.
This hotel does have some late night noise issues on the weekends especially if your room is on the street side of the hotel. If this is an issue for you get a room with no view facing the alley as that seemed to be our quietest room.
As for parking if you arrive on a weekend you can park for free in a city parking garage 2 blocks away on second street.
The hotel is in a terrific location with restaurants, theaters , nightclubs and museums all within walking distance.
I don't think this hotel quite deserves a 4 star rating but if you get the $89 price they often advertise on their website it is the best value in downtown San Jose. Free Wi Fi is a nice bonus and works well. We have found the staff to be on the young side but mostly cheerful and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown is a historic hotel with free wifi and 86 luxurious guest rooms. We are near McEnery Convention Center, HP Pavilion, SJSU, and other downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton San Jose Downtown
- Four Points By Sheraton San Jose Downtown Hotel San Jose
- Montgomery Hotel San Jose
- Montgomery San Jose