“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Montara, CA
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great hotel stay in a great location. Numerous restaurants and bars with in walking distance. Staff friendly and helpful. The room exceeded expectations and the bed was really comfortable. Will definitely stay here next time I was in town
My only complaint was that we arrived for breakfast at 10:05 and was told service stopped at 10:00 and we couldn't get a cup of coffee. We were told that the nearest breakfast place was Flames 4 blocks away when Caffe Frascati the number one rated restaurant on tripadvisor was only one hundred yards round the corner. Important when you are 64 with an arthritic hip

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pmpatt
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will stay with us again the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend with a few friends and had a very nice stay at this property. Really nice staff at the front desk and the property was well maintained. Our room was very large with two full beds, a desk and two sofa chairs to relax in. The beds and pillows were super comfortable! The bathroom was big as well although the body wash and shampoo containers in the bath needed to be refilled since they were empty. Not much decor at all within the room, which was OK since we really didn't spend too much time in the room. We all slept very well and it was nice and quiet during the after hours.

The location is one of the best perks about this hotel since it is in the middle of downtown San Jose! Easy access to walk to all the restaurants, shopping and nightlife. Also the public transit train is right across the street. I really enjoyed the outside patio area as well...looked like a great place to relax and enjoy a beer.

I recommend this property if you're in San Jose. Really great value for what you pay for!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joel C
Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our trip to San Jose was wonderful. The hotel staff was amazing and went above and beyond for our party. JC, Director of Sales & Marketing was amazing in helping us organize this trip. JC and the rest of the staff was quite in helping us find interesting things to do around San Jose and San Fransisco. Also, your facilitates are beautiful, comfortable and amazingly clean. We would love to stay with them again, if we are in San Jose at anytime in the future....Thanks for the great stay guys!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The fourth floors are very nice, I didn't have a problem but some people complain about the soun...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dwight J
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. We will share your comments in our next team meeting. It was our pleasure to help you find fun things to do in the area! Hope to see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I'm very happy with the service, especially at the front desk. On arrival, the greeting was warm and genuine, and I immediately felt welcome. Unfortunately, there was a small issue with the toilet plumbing but it was arranged to be fix right away once I informed the staff of the problem.

Also, the location of the hotel is very good, being right in downtown, with numerous eating and drinking places nearby. The room was also quite clean. Overall, I'm quite happy with my stay, and it is of good value as well with it being one of the cheaper high-end hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Awesom_Andy
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, our service and our value. We hope to see you again the next time you are in San Jose. Take care!
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I really like this place close to everything just a small walk to what ever you would like to do.staff very friendly and helpful. We wanted to see a movie called front desk and they printed out all the movies and times by the time we came down. Very nice and free water a big plus.Other places I stay up to 8 dollars for a bottle. Thanks agian Four Points.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Guzman831
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We are delighted to hear we delivered a consistent experience for both of your stays with us. Thanks for sharing your feedback! Hope you enjoyed your movie. See you again next time.
San Diego
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at the convention center just a couple blocks away. It was very clean and the staff was all very friendly as well as offered over the top customer service. I was offered a water every time I came and left-love this! Jesus (front desk) helped me locate restaurants, gave advice on nightlife, and even helped with some itemized receipts that I needed. I would highly suggest this hotel to any colleague, friend, or family. Thank you Four Points! :)

Room Tip: They also give you a free pass for the local gym across the street!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Zackary K
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent stay. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay! We will pass along your comments to Jesus. Thanks for recommending us! We hope to welcome you back soon.
Los Angeles CA USA
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I picked the Four Points because it was a nice hotel in Downtown with a lot of things to do nearby. As it turns out it was a WONDERFUL hotel with at least 80 places to eat and drink within walking distance. This is the oldest high-end hotel in San Jose and it was moved to make room for the Fairmont Hotel addition, if you can imagine moving 14 million pounds.

The staff was simply excellent and knowledgeable - couldn't be better. I told Brianna I would be working nights and she found me a very nice quiet, huge room in the back. The "Four Comforts" bed was probably the most comfortable I have slept in and the room had free wi-fi, a cordless phone an iPod dock, a CD player and an alarm clock, as well as a coffee maker and a nice TV. What really impressed me was that they had a nice arm chair with a lamp for reading and REAL wood coat hangers in the giant closet!! Not the ones with the little clip on the end that you can't hook with one hand.

The bathroom was large, and nicely equipped with dispensers in the shower for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

The hotel has a very nice bar and restaurant that I used only for breakfast. (also excellent).

No - they didn't pay me to say all this - there is a down side as well. What was it? The parking. First it is $23 a day to park there over night. That seems high, but I don't know what the typical rate is in downtown. The lot is on the far side of the hotel and you have to walk completely around to the other side of the hotel to get to the entrance. Not a really big deal, but the only negatives I could mention.

There is no pool or spa, but you get free access to the Bally's across the street, so you can go to a much better gym than any hotel has.

Down town is a business area, so it is quite empty at night and on the weekend. You have to be very careful driving there, as most of the streets are one way, with bus lanes and the streetcar tracks, so you have to pay attention.

The bottom line is that this hotel was a great value and I would look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the rear and it was extremely quite. There are a couple right next to the elevator a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JonfromLA
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We really appreciate your review - thank you for taking the time to share. We are happy to hear we met your expectations for your business travel needs. Glad you enjoyed the beds too! Thanks again for your detailed comments, we will share them in our next team meeting. Looking forward to welcoming you back!