“Good quality - reasonable price, good location”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well, Downtown San Jose is probably not the sightseeing destination No.1 in California, but for some business i´ve to stay in SJ. I turns out, that my choice was an excellent one. New rooms, windows which can be opened (i´m european and like fresh air), kind personal makes my stay great. Around you´ll find some Dinner choices (we went to Gordon Biersch) but far away from a vibrant center ;-).

Some little hick-ups like a non working fridge have been solved in minutes. Only negative point for me personally is the A/C which has no "Auto"-Switch, means on or off, fan runs 24/7 - which i didn´t like...

One reminder, parking is 23$ (uncovered, around the corner) since Feb. 1, no longer 20$ like stated below this threat!

1  Thank Matthias R
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the overall experience at Four Points San Jose Downtown and that we were able to accommodate your needs in a timely manner. We hope you choose us again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was my first time in San Jose so I can't compare it to other hotels or locations in the area, but it was ideal for my needs.
The room was a good size with a comfortable bed. Downtown San Jose was a ghost town, at least during my stay, so there was no noise to disrupt a good nights sleep.
The hotel staff were all helpful with local info and restaurant recommendations. From my limited look around, downtown seems to be full of restaurants. One of the best and busiest is Original Joe's, only a block away.
The hotel has a nice bar and restaurant of its own. I didn't have dinner there but the bar had a decent range of beer and the a la carte breakfast (not on the same visit!) was very good.
My only minor negative point/ arrival tip would be with the parking arrangements. We were driving with lots of heavy luggage. There is a small vehicle set down area at the hotel entrance, but you don't see it until you've been flagged into the car park before the hotel. The car parking attendant helped us with luggage carts through what turned out to be a staff-only rear entrance to the hotel reception, but it may have been easier if he had instead directed us to the guest registration parking further down the street.
This hotel was somewhere between "Average" and "Very Good". You might say "Good". I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who thinks Trip Advisor could take a look at the wording of their grades!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We’re glad you chose us for your first trip to San Jose and that we met your expectations. Thank you for leaving us your feedback! We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your luggage. If you choose to stay here again, there is a larger parking area at the back of the hotel that is staffed and offers luggage assistance.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a nice place to stay. Very close the convention center. Great close places to eat. Gym access. The refrigerator is a bit small but it fit my pie. The suites are large an a good value. I can't think of any more but they are making me do 200 characters.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Treverf
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I really recommend this hotel. Nice, clean rooms, in an average size. Comfortable bed. Really friendly and helpful staff.

The location is good. You got a lot of restaurants at walking distance, but mostly fast food once. But thew best resturant in the area that we found, is the one connected to the hotel - Mosaic Restaurant & Lounge. Relly good food, both their breakfast and the dinner.

The gym at the hotel is really small (just a running machine, a bike and a couple of yoga mats), but you can go to Bally (for free), just around the courner, and they got it all.

1  Thank SofiaVik
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and thanks so much for leaving a review. We will pass along your comments to our restaurant - they will be very pleased to hear that you called them the best restaurant in the area! Hope to see you again if your travels bring you to San Jose.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had 10 stays in this hotel last year. It is convenient to the South Bay Area (San Jose, Cupertino, Sunnyvale). This is a not a new hotel. It was built in 1911 and has all the charm and warts you would expect from a hotel that is over 100 years old. The rooms are spacious and functional if not luxurious. The staff is friendly and efficient. One of my favorite things about this hotel are the free passes to the Balley's Health Club across the street. It gives you a much better work out experience than you would expect from a Four Points. Mosaic, the in house restaurant also has a diverse menu and is much better than a typical hotel menu.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thanks for the kind words! We're so glad you enjoy staying with us when you're in San Jose. Safe travels and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to a party that was help at this hotel and I must say that it was wonderful. The location, the food, the drinks, the service it was all great. I met the director of sales and from the moment we met with JC he made us feel very welcome. I will definitely be having another event there soon. I especially love the modern feel. Overall I would give 10 stars but I am only allowed 5.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rosanna C
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thanks for the positive feedback! We are so happy to hear that we met your expectations on all levels! We value JC and all his hard work as well - we will be sure and pass your comments along to him. Let us know when you want to hold your event here! See you soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed here with my husband couple of times now and I have to say that it is a fantastic hotel. What makes this place special is that its right in the middle of downtown easy to get around. Second, the rooms themselves are nice. They are always clean and the service is always top notch. The food and drinks are the best.. Will stay here again and again when visiting the bay area. Thanks JC for making us feel comfortable and your recommendations... They were great!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple