“Convenient and a little nostalgic”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Broomfield, Colorado
“Convenient and a little nostalgic”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had 10 stays in this hotel last year. It is convenient to the South Bay Area (San Jose, Cupertino, Sunnyvale). This is a not a new hotel. It was built in 1911 and has all the charm and warts you would expect from a hotel that is over 100 years old. The rooms are spacious and functional if not luxurious. The staff is friendly and efficient. One of my favorite things about this hotel are the free passes to the Balley's Health Club across the street. It gives you a much better work out experience than you would expect from a Four Points. Mosaic, the in house restaurant also has a diverse menu and is much better than a typical hotel menu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks for the kind words! We're so glad you enjoy staying with us when you're in San Jose. Safe travels and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tracy Ca
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to a party that was help at this hotel and I must say that it was wonderful. The location, the food, the drinks, the service it was all great. I met the director of sales and from the moment we met with JC he made us feel very welcome. I will definitely be having another event there soon. I especially love the modern feel. Overall I would give 10 stars but I am only allowed 5.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rosanna C
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for the positive feedback! We are so happy to hear that we met your expectations on all levels! We value JC and all his hard work as well - we will be sure and pass your comments along to him. Let us know when you want to hold your event here! See you soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed here with my husband couple of times now and I have to say that it is a fantastic hotel. What makes this place special is that its right in the middle of downtown easy to get around. Second, the rooms themselves are nice. They are always clean and the service is always top notch. The food and drinks are the best.. Will stay here again and again when visiting the bay area. Thanks JC for making us feel comfortable and your recommendations... They were great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Let me start off by commenting on the check in staff. They were courteous and @ 10:30 PM understood a person that travels often doesn't want a bunch of pomp and circumstance when simply trying to place their head on a pillow. I am SPG platinum and locations like this can be a dice roll on upgrades but the front desk staff proactively acknowledged and my upgrade to a "junior suite " was already in place. The room was what you would expect. Comfy bed a plaid chair and a pull out couch with my only complaint being the sub-optimal placement of the tv with regard to the bed.

I did not partake in any food so no comment there.

My only 2 issues.

1. The parking attendant acted like a troll under a bridge collecting his cut. Bad experience he could have just been having an off day.

2. Even with a courtyard facing view the street noise was annoying and disrupted my sleep.

All and all what you would expect for what it is - a business hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay, and are pleased to hear you were able to settle in after your late arrival. We have passed along your comments to our front desk associates and have addressed your parking experience with our attendant. Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Lincoln, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Within minutes of arrival we knew we had made the right choice. This place so exceeds expectation. It's the whole package. Comfort, peace, food, drink!!! JC the Director of Sales is the best host ever! Cant wait to go to our concert tomorrow. Do not miss an opportunity to stay here. The internet works perfectly, despite some other reviews and everything is amazingly clean and well done!!!! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The hotel is straightforward. What you'd expect for a Four Points. I really liked the hotel staff. We arrived late and were greeted by Angela who made our check-in easy and painless. We had a somewhat complicated reservation, but she was able to sort it all out quickly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Jeff R -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel accommodations and our friendly associates. Hope to see you back soon at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown. Safe travels!
San Jose
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I just got back from one night at this hotel. I booked on-line and requested a quiet room. They put us on the 4th floor at the back of the building. It was quiet indeed. Our friends were on the front and on the second floor. I can only imagine the noise they had endured. Our room was very nice. For the rate it really can't be beat. Check in was quick and pleasant. The hotel seems to be well cared for, and the bed was very comfortable. If you need to be downtown give this place a look. We parked at the lot next door and paid $23 from 6PM to noon the next day if that matters to anyone. I did not know the light rail goes right by the hotel or we would have just taken that.

Room Tip: If you book on-line request a 4th floor room in the back of the building.