“Do you know the way to San jose!”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Excellent location in downtown San Jose. Great lounge/night club. Great getaway for night out in San jo. Walking distance to many resteraunts and night clubs. Very comfortable bed with in room bar and snacks. Would definitely stay there again when I'm
In San Jose!

• Stayed: August 2011
FourpointsGMSanJose, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Hi, and thank for your kind words. It makes me truly happy to read reviews such as yours, we are very pleased that the hotel and the staff were to your satisfaction. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon!

Kind regards from San Jose!
Randy Zimmerman,

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown

Reviewed September 1, 2011

A historic building nicely blended with modern interior decorations. Nice comfortable room. Outside parking costs extra $20 per night. No easy access from parking to the lobby. Have to walk a short block to enter hotel, a bit of a problem when you have lots of luggage. Day pass to Bali gym although the hotel has its own fitness center 24 hour too.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown. I am very happy to read that you had a wonderful experience with us and I am truly delighted to note your kind compliments of our facilities, service standards and our efforts to ensure you fantastic and memorable visit. I have shared your feedback with rest of the team and they were very happy to know that their efforts are highly appreciated by our guests.
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your personal experience on TripAdvisor. Along with my team, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

This was my first visit to this hotel. I was traveling on business and the room and location was suitable for my needs. This hotel is 100 years old but has undergone a major renovation. The first being the move from its original location to its current location. I found it interesting that the history of the move can be see on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mzP0-EZOkg Hotel Montgomery Moves".
The hotel still has the original vibe of the old hotel, but has many improvements that have brought it current.
Location: Location is downtown and is walking distance to many restaurants. There is also a 12 screen theater across the street. As far as retail, this is not a shopping mecca. If you want to shop, Santana row and Westgate mall is about a 15 minute drive depending on traffic. Both centers are worth the drive. For transportation on First Street there is a local trolley/train that also runs right in front of the hotel.
Rooms: Very clean. Typical remodeled rooms that are very tastefully decorated without skimping. My room had a very nice wallpaper, soft colors, a nice wing back chair and desk. Desk space was generous and set up very nicely as a work station. Ipod docking station, a stereo, large screen TV and mini bar. My room was very spacious, but oddly faced the balcony of another apartment building. There were nice filtering shades and great darkening shades, but the view was non existent. As there is really no view to be had in this area it was not an issue for me. The room was extremely quiet. Had a great night's sleep.
Bath: Very clean. Marble Counter tops. Large mirror. Plenty of light. Generous on the bath towels. No robe was provided. Tub/Shower Combo. Counter space was fair but did have an additional wall shelf for items. Amenities were basic, and from what i could see not of a name brand that I recognized, but were prepared for the four points line of hotels.
Service: Top notch. Staff was extremely friendly, and efficient. I did have an issue upon my arrival. My room had some sort of smell similar to moth balls. I contacted the desk and they immediately moved me to another floor, offered to move my luggage and brought me new room keys. Check out was a breeze with complementary coffee in the lobby.
Parking: $20 per night. I felt this was a bit over the top for a uncovered lot that needs work. I also did not feel that the lot was very secure.
Other: Because the trolley/train runs parallel on this street, be aware of where you are driving. First Street is one way, has bus only lanes, and if you are not familiar with the street, it is easy to be in the wrong driving lane.
Overall a nice hotel and I will be back again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the apartment building at the back of the hotel are very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank traveling_gal801

Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor

We certainly look very much forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I travel to San Jose for business quite a bit, and this is always my first starwood choice. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the stay is comfortable, and I normally get my upgrade as a platinum member. I gave it 4 stars because sometimes staying near the train can get a bit noisy, but the walls are usually thick enough to buffer the noise. The restaurant is top notch and the hotel is a great location for walking downtown. Fitness center is very small but they offer entrance to a large gym across the street for those who want more than a bike, free weights or a treadmill

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
FourpointsGMSanJose, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you would like to return to our Hotel on your next visit, and that we are your first choice of properties in our fair city.

We certainly look very much forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thanks again, and kind regards from Silicon Valley!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

My niece and I had an enjoyable stay at this Sheraton property while visiting SJSU. The location is walking distance to the campus. The rooms we large enough for two, especially with the double beds. The food at the restaurant was good, both breakfast and dinner. The staff was knowledgeable and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighed to read that you have been impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. We pride ourselvs in delivering a unique experience for all our guests and I am therefore delighted to learn that we were successful in achieving this for you.

Your kind acknowledgement of our efforts is truly appreciated and I have shared your feedback with out team.

Thank you for indicating that you will be returning to stay in our hotel. Along with my team, we certainly look forward to this opportunity and to welcoming your return in the very near future.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I travel weekly for business and have stayed in many Four Points hotels over the years. Many were forgettable but this hotel was an exception. The building has an older facade that fits in with the neighborhood. The interior is completely renovated, modern and very clean. It's nice to stay in a hotel with character that is not run down. Beds are comfortable. An iHome player on the bedside table lets you plug in your apple devices and listen in the room.

Great location with many restaurants and bars in the area. The area is active at night but I wasn't disturbed by noise in the room. Santa Clara Valley lightrail station is across the street.

Ask for a free fitness pass to Bally's - the large fitness club is one block away.

Parking is $20 overnight.

My only complaints are slow elevators and slow internet connections. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
FourpointsGMSanJose, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear Guest: We are ecstatic you had such a great visit with us and are so pleased to be your new home-away-from home! Please do reach out the next time you are in the area, whether for business again or for pleasure- we would love to welcome you back and hope to do so soon.

Randy Zimmerman, General Manager

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I travel to San Jose for work and the Four Points has everything I need. Some rooms are smaller than others but I generally don't spend much time in the room while in town.

The highlights are the comfortable beds, many restaurants within walking distance and nice TVs (remotes are a little sketchy). The downsides to the hotel are a slow elevator (only four floors tall though) and the internet is very slow which makes it hard to accomplish much late night.

All in all it meets my needs and I can usually get a room for $200 or less and get my Starwood points out of it.

Room Tip: Try and get a corner room and one facing out... the interior rooms facing across to other rooms in t...