This was my first visit to this hotel. I was traveling on business and the room and location was suitable for my needs. This hotel is 100 years old but has undergone a major renovation. The first being the move from its original location to its current location. I found it interesting that the history of the move can be see on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mzP0-EZOkg Hotel Montgomery Moves".
The hotel still has the original vibe of the old hotel, but has many improvements that have brought it current.
Location: Location is downtown and is walking distance to many restaurants. There is also a 12 screen theater across the street. As far as retail, this is not a shopping mecca. If you want to shop, Santana row and Westgate mall is about a 15 minute drive depending on traffic. Both centers are worth the drive. For transportation on First Street there is a local trolley/train that also runs right in front of the hotel.
Rooms: Very clean. Typical remodeled rooms that are very tastefully decorated without skimping. My room had a very nice wallpaper, soft colors, a nice wing back chair and desk. Desk space was generous and set up very nicely as a work station. Ipod docking station, a stereo, large screen TV and mini bar. My room was very spacious, but oddly faced the balcony of another apartment building. There were nice filtering shades and great darkening shades, but the view was non existent. As there is really no view to be had in this area it was not an issue for me. The room was extremely quiet. Had a great night's sleep.
Bath: Very clean. Marble Counter tops. Large mirror. Plenty of light. Generous on the bath towels. No robe was provided. Tub/Shower Combo. Counter space was fair but did have an additional wall shelf for items. Amenities were basic, and from what i could see not of a name brand that I recognized, but were prepared for the four points line of hotels.
Service: Top notch. Staff was extremely friendly, and efficient. I did have an issue upon my arrival. My room had some sort of smell similar to moth balls. I contacted the desk and they immediately moved me to another floor, offered to move my luggage and brought me new room keys. Check out was a breeze with complementary coffee in the lobby.
Parking: $20 per night. I felt this was a bit over the top for a uncovered lot that needs work. I also did not feel that the lot was very secure.
Other: Because the trolley/train runs parallel on this street, be aware of where you are driving. First Street is one way, has bus only lanes, and if you are not familiar with the street, it is easy to be in the wrong driving lane.
Overall a nice hotel and I will be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown is a historic hotel with free wifi and 86 luxurious guest rooms. We are near McEnery Convention Center, HP Pavilion, SJSU, and other downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton San Jose Downtown
- Four Points By Sheraton San Jose Downtown Hotel San Jose
- Montgomery Hotel San Jose
- Montgomery San Jose