Prior to making the reservation the website had a link to their restaurant. The link was dead. When I attempted to email the hotel (contact us button on the website), the email address went to someone under a different hotel name (prior or future non-Four Points hotel name). It bounced back. When I called the hotel to discuss the issues, they didn't seem particularly concerned. Left my contact information but heard nothing back from the property manager.
About the stay:
One-night stay in May 2011. Booked directly through the hotel.
Location is convinient: downtown near several restaurants and entertainment venues. Walking distance to SJSU and public transit as well.
Standard room was huge.
The distance from the TV and head of bed was probably 10-15 feet away. Strange layout.
Check-in agent was friendly and professional, but failed to describe any of the hotel ammenities. A nearby male agent (or manager?) largely ignored me. Overall, check in felt like a 2-star hotel.
The stay was otherwise free of problems and the bed was quite comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown is a historic hotel with free wifi and 86 luxurious guest rooms. We are near McEnery Convention Center, HP Pavilion, SJSU, and other downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton San Jose Downtown Hotel San Jose
- 4 Points By Sheraton San Jose Downtown
- Montgomery Hotel San Jose
- Montgomery San Jose