“Very good BBQ, one of the best I have had”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #100 of 2,173 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: http://www.famousdaves.com/locations/Zip 95125
Description: http://www.famousdaves.com/locations/Zip 95125
Roseville, California, United States
“Very good BBQ, one of the best I have had”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have eaten and cooked a lot of BBQ. Dave's is one of the best I have had. This was my first experience with this restaurant. It was nicely decorated and the hostess was very pleasant. As I was being seated I noticed nuggets of meat on a plate as I walked by. I inquired with my waiter about them and was told they were called Burnt Ends. He said they are caramelized pieces of beef brisket. I ordered the Burnt Ends-N-Rib combo and chose Wilbur beans and Mac & Cheese for my two sides. It also came with a cornbread muffin. My waiter was very pleasant and courteous. My food arrived and I took a bite of the tips. They had a lot of flavor and were tender. I found them to be fantastic. The ribs were Saint Louis style and were cooked perfect for me, fall off the bone. Some may not like it that way especially judges of ribs since they are supposed to bite in to the meat and see their teeth marks. That is not for me. They were cooked perfect and had a really good flavor. The beans were very good, the Mac & Cheese had a jalapeno bite to it and was very good too. The muffin was sweet and flavorful. I felt the price was good for the amount of food I received. I did not leave hungry! They menu has a good variety. I will be back when in the area again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Chris M

San Jose, CA
“Great BBQ meats.”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

They have a great variety of BBQ meats. My favorite is the Beef Brisket. I BBQ a lot at home but never have much success with Brisket. Famous Daves is perfectly smoked, seasoned and juicy.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank alpine1967
San Jose, California
“for hungry stomachs”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love the food from this place. They have good portions and the bbq is so delicious. I like the decorations in the restaurant alot too.

Visited November 2013
California
“Very tasty ribs!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

On the plus side, the St Louis style ribs were meaty and scrumptious. Some 7-9 different sauces were provided, from sweet to hot and spicy. I would go back for the ribs any day. On the negative side, we were seated in the bar and it was full and loud when we were there. There is a large dining room and we will make sure we sit there next time!

Visited November 2013
San Francisco, California
“Good not great”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Decent food and above average service for chain restaurant. Food was mostly hit or miss depending on what you order. Great location. Easy parking. I personally prefer Sam's BBQ in San Jose but this is closer.

Visited August 2013