“Very good, but not San Jose's best”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #108 of 2,185 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: http://www.famousdaves.com/locations/Zip 95125
Description: http://www.famousdaves.com/locations/Zip 95125
San Jose, CA
“Very good, but not San Jose's best”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm a bit surprised that Famous Dave's ranks so high on TripAdvisor. It's a very good place for casual dining and tasty barbecue. The service is good, not great. The atmosphere is pleasant but noisy when they're busy. I give them a "thumbs up" and will visit them again, but keep your expectations in check. There are many exceptional restaurants in San Jose; this isn't one of them. However, they deliver what they promise quite well. Their burger are especially decadent.

Visited September 2013

Mission Viejo, CA
“Just okay - we'll pass next time”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was here with my family a couple of weeks ago. We thought the food was just so-so. Some of the items were big 'misses' and a few things were good. We started with the sampler platter. The rib tips had a good flavor, but no one liked the little cartilage/bones in them - put us all off although the meat was tender. No one liked the fried catfish - maybe we're just not catfish people. My sons did like the chicken wings. I ordered the brisket and spareribs and thought they were both pretty good and I enjoyed the cole slaw and the beans. Two other people ordered the pulled pork sandwiches and left most of the dinner on the plate. Out of the sauces, we all liked the honey mustard sauce, but didn't actually order any food with it already on it - we went with the standard sauce. Our server did not introduce the sauces as I had read about in other reviews, we had to ask about them, and there didn't seem to be any effort on our server's part to add to our dining experience . We also had to ask for silverware and for drinks. When we asked for a drink off the happy hour menu, we were told we had to go get it in the bar. So we did - but really??? Probably the biggest disappointment was that there were no baby back ribs. We were told there had been a big event a couple of weeks earlier and they were all out. What does that mean? So, the next day I asked the family if they would go back and the answer from everyone was they would pass.

Visited October 2013
Poznan, Poland
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Great food and excellent american atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for good food in a nice place. Ribs are a must.

“Amazing service and great BBQ”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I were dropping our daughter off at University and had no idea where to eat. Based upon the positive Trip Advisor reviews we plugged Famous Dave's in the GPS and headed toward the smoke. I was nervous when we arrived because it looked a boring typical chain reataurant. Boy were we wrong. We ordered the feast for 2 so we could taste the many menu items. Everything was delicious and we had lots of leftovers for supper. When the server discovered it was our first visit to the restaurant she gave us a taste tour of the BBQ sauces and the manager came over and welcomed us and gave us a free bottle of BBQ sauce. Overall food is very good, yes you likely have had better at small roadside shacks - but Dave's defrinately is top third in good and service can not be beat.

• Visited September 2013
Belleview, Florida
“Yummy BBQ and the BEST Long Island Iced Teas EVER”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Pretty much says it all....I will go to Dave's just for the Long Islands! The BBQ is delicious too though :-)

• Visited September 2013