“Pretty good BBQ”

Description: http://www.famousdaves.com/locations/Zip 95125
Flossmoor, Illinois
“Pretty good BBQ”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My first time here & it's one I will come back to. The bbq rib tips were very good & they gave me a lot. I like the choices of their sides. The baked beans & mac & cheese were really outstanding. I like that they have the different bbq sauces on the side. Two of us had margaritas & they were very tasty. The waitress was very friendly & attentive. All of us very much enjoyed our dinners. I had enough to take home for lunch the next day.

• Visited February 2013

Auburn, California
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

You usually go to Dave's for Ribs & Chicken but their hamburgers are wonderful. We often get the All American BBQ Feast when we have company & want a BBQ meal with loads of choices. You can also get their smaller feast or their family to go items. Great for nights I don't want to cook.

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Go with an empty stomach.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I ordered the Feast with 3 of my friends, and after becoming stuffed, we still had a lot of food for doggie bags. The ribs, chicken and links were plentiful, tasty, and juicy. The sides of cole slaw, potato salad, and baked beans were yummy. The lemonade was some of the best I've had in a restaurant. Our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable of the menu and various sauces. The booth was comfortable and the atmosphere was pleasant. You can't go wrong, especially if you're hungry and want a good meal.

Menlo Park, California
“old school”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is not great BBQ. It is a fun old fashioned road house, where you can get as much texas toast as you want, and a pile of decent quality meat. The BBQ is texas style, but doesn't have almost any smoke to it. The prices are very reasonable - we got a combo platter that fed us for days. If you want better BBQ, check out Smoking Pig and ask for some off the high side, or go south a town to Trail Dust where you can learn what smoke is all about. It's better than most of the places in the san jose area, if you really want a pile of meat you could do worse.

• Visited June 2012
Paso Robles, CA
“Best BBQ this side of Lucille's in LA”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great EVERYTHING!!!! The pork ribs were served "naked" w/o sauce. They were tender and didn't have much fat on them. The rub was excellent. Plenty of sauces ranging from sweet to hot. John, the manager, was outstanding as was his personnel. Dave's has a bar area where you can eat and/or drink while watching their plasma TV's or you can eat in the lively dining area. I love ribs and this is one of our "go to" places in San Jose. Don't forget dessert. Their bread pudding is fantastic.

• Visited August 2012