“Very Chic!”

Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
“Very Chic!”
Reviewed January 26, 2005

Beautiful Hotel on Santana row. Loaded with style
and sophistication. Well appointed rooms with maid
service several times per day. Was unable to enjoy
bar due to High School reunion in progress. Wished
we would have been warned prior to arrival. Heard
several complaints from other guests regarding loud
and obnoxious neighbors.
$15 valet parking, was worth it. Complimentary
breakfast was a nice surprise. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Reviewed December 1, 2004

This is the first rating I have ever left for a hotel as I’m just too busy to bother… however I am spending the time because I feel a great injustice has been done to this property. This is a phenomenal hotel, very classy, very posh, great rooms, great decor, shopping galore, many many restaurants to choose from and stadium theaters right across the street... Valencia is a slam dunk, grand slam hit in every way. The staff was friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable about the area and what to do locally. I would recommend the Valencia over any other hotel in San Jose including the Fairmont. There is a very popular bar in the hotel – V, a great place, and great to have so close to one’s room.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2004

I am a frequent visitor of this hotel. Very cool environment, great location, fun place to experience...if you wanted to be treated badly. The staff at the V-lounge/bar...whatever...incredibly inconsiderate and hires incompetent imbicils to run security at their "parties." I know this review will not stop people from visiting, but personally, I would prefer to be treated well for the amount of money spent there. I suggest going to the new Irish Pub and staying at the Moorpark Hotel.

5 Thank AngelMel
Reviewed October 25, 2004

I stayed at the hotel a few days ago and no doubt about it, the hotel is beautiful. I arrived around 8pm on a Friday and noticed a crowd outside the entrance of the hotel. The crowd was waiting to get into the VBar. This is the bar located on the 3rd floor of the Hotel Valencia. The elevators smelled like beer and human odor.... it was terrible. I finally arrived at the lobby level to check in and noticed a large amount of people (DRUNK CROWD)in the lobby sitting down with drinks and laying on the couch. I did not see security around..... I was wondering if Hotel Valencia was actually a hotel or a club. I've witnessed DRUNK CROWD in guest elevators tand hallways.... I decided not to proceed with my check-in... I did not want to sleep in that hotel and will never bother to make any future reservations. Hotel Valencia has a lot of potential of becoming one of the best hotel in the San Jose location. But do they want people to think of them as the Party Hotel???? If so, they certainly have that reputation here in the Washington State area... Sorry Hotel Valencia.... but you've lost business from us....... you need to set your priorities... investors.... the owners.... what do you think of this... you've invested money into something that will not last if you wont set your priorities....

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 7, 2004

This place is fantastic!! I purchased the girls get away package and had a blast! The hotel gave out some goodies that I took advantage of. The staff is great! The bellman and valet staff welcomed me when I pulled up the drive way and even remembered my name through out my whole stay! The front desk very extremely helpful. They gave me a great room with a view. If you guys like to party than the Vbar is the place to be! I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2004

Loved it!

But will surely go on a weekday-NEVER again on a Friday or Sat. The courtyard by evening became crowded and the crowds were VERY loud until after 12 am and a reception was going also on so the music vibrated my room and I actually called front desk...and that let out at 12 am.

And it also seemed like some or if not more people who were gathering there came to enjoy the evening and not necessarily were all hotel guests or for the reception. Oh, and note you will have to park in a parking garage-the hotel doesn't have a parking lot-the hotel is right along connected to the stores.

I reserved a room on a Sat-through the offical website for $169. It had a balcony. It is a great hotel-very cozy and unique. I went there because it was fairly new...and that means clean-trust me I look for nice and clean. It has a lovely courtyard, outdoor pool on the 5th floor, and nice views from balcony-open for all guests, and plently of cozy sofas to relax on.

Driving into Santa Row you will SURELY feel as though you just walked into another city...I live in San Jose so it threw me off, me and my friend were like where'd this come from...where'd these people come from-nice people :) And you would never think driving by how nice it is-drove by it several times and never imagined.

This is unique and not like no other. And the room style is unique also. It's perfect for a romantic evening or just to relax. I'm very picky and rarely ever give my opinion but I really like it-and if you're skeptical just go and check out the 3rd floor which has the courtyard and bar-or the website, photos on the webiste look very nice and in person it looks even nicer and better. It was worth the price.

I would surely recommend this hotel...just when it's not on weekends or holidays! Avoid the crowds! :)

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2004

Stayed 3 nights at the end of July 2004. PLUS SIDE- friendly helpful staff, great location with lots of tasty eateries within walking distance, wonderful views from balcony rooms, free parking across the street, valet parking available, luggage storage until room is ready if you get there early, clean spacious rooms, very comfy bed and pillows, huge soft plush bath sheets, beautiful peaceful Asian decor, hotel will immediately hush noisy people if you call the front desk, totally wired for all communication needs, yummy free continental breakfast each morning. MINUS SIDE - (all minor) lots of costly snacks easily accessible all over the room, shower head beyond my 5'2" reach, bath sheets not within easy access when getting out of the shower, bath robes to small for us oversized Texans, were not told about free breakfast until last night of our stay, light sleepers need to request rooms away from wedding party rooms. WOULD I STAY AGAIN...IN A HEARTBEAT. The rooftop wine bar is amazing at sunset, the inside of the hotel is serene, the front desk afternoon staff are the very best, service is fast and 24 hours a day...ask and you shall receive.

2 Thank Rebekajean