My boyfriend and I used a gift certificate to stay here, so I can't really complain about much since it was complimentary. But I did want to write a review anyway. When we checked in, there weren't many people in the lobby yet we were not really greeted or acknowledged as welcoming as I would have expected. The front desk agents barely looked up or made eye contact, a slight hello and no smiles, and very little conversation. I work at a hotel myself, and good first impressions are a MUST in this industry and I felt a little jipped. But hey, what can ya do? We got a room on the 5th floor with a balcony and it was gorgeous. It had been recently redone and they decor was pretty and modern with a classy touch. The bedding was very comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and the complimentary fruit and waters were a nice touch. We also tried V Bar, which I had not been to, and the drinks were a little pricey but good (can't expect anything less price wise from Santana Row) and the bar tenders were nice. It was a good experience there and I was appreciative of that. We really enjoyed being able to come back to our room at the end of the night and see the lights outside the balcony and lounge/sleep on the super comfy bed, though the pillows were a bit squishy. We also appreciated that housekeeping did not knock on our door before check out, which happens at some hotels, and that they respected out Do Not Disturb sign. Sleeping in was a luxury for us! Upon check out, I would like to recognize Shelby, who provided the best service we encountered our whole stay. She was friendly, talkative, and seemed genuinely interested in how our stay went. She smiled and joked around with us, overall, a VERY pleasant person and attribute to Hotel Valencia. Shelby is what customer service is all about! In general, I would definitely stay here again as I was pleased with it overall, but nothing stood out to me to make it a GO TO place. I really would suggest touching up on the customer service skills, as a better experience in that department would have made my review infinitely better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row is the only hotel located on Santana Row! Our boutique hotel in San Jose, CA is at the center of all the excitement, entertainment, shopping and dining on Santana Row and near the Silicon Valley and Cupertino. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or corporate group or convention. See and be seen at our hip and swanky Vbar or experience "unruly" tapas and shared plates in Oveja Negra Restaurant. Hotel Valencia Santana Row invites our guests to experience luxury with our 215 rooms and suites and experience exceptional service and surroundings during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hotel Valencia - Santana Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row
- Valencia Santana Row Hotel