The Hotel Valencia is a very nice upscale hotel located in Santana Row, an upscale shopping area in San Jose, off of Stevens Creek and Winchester. Got a package deal, three nights for the price of two, and liked the located, so picked this hotel. I was able to upgrade to a "Balcony King" room, which, in the end, turned out to be not so great, and I'll explain below.
Let's go through the Pros and Cons of this hotel and location.
Pros: Located in Santana Row, so after a long day of shopping, and a night of clubbing or drinking, you can just walk down the street and up to your room.
The hotel is very nicely appointed, and comes with free self-parking, OR valet.
Comes with free breakfast.
There is a rooftop pool on the 5th floor.
There is an in-house club.
There is an in-house fitness center.
Cons: Despite what you may think, having a room facing Santana Row itself isn't all that it might seem, why? The NOISE! Yes, though parts of the Row are closed to vehicular traffic during the night, the part in front of the hotel is not, thus even with the nice French doors facing the balcony closed, you'll hear motorcycles, trucks, drunks, loud talkers, dogs barking and kids crying. We stayed on the 4th floor and, if I stay here again, I'll ask for a higher floor on the opposite side of the hotel.
Another Con: like many newer properties, the walls of the Valencia seem paper thin, thus you hear the requisite loud rhythmic bed-squeaking and moaning from amorous couples late into the night. Yes, true story! You may also hear the movie down the hall (we heard screams and almost called the front desk, until we figured out it was part of a movie).
Another Con: In our room the bathroom door was a sliding door, on rather noisy bearings in the door frame, thus at night, you must take care to not open and close the door too rapidly lest you awaken your room mate.
This is NOT a bad hotel, but if you are looking for quiet, this may not be your perfect choice. The location is prime, and if you don't mind the noise, then you will enjoy it hear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row is the only hotel located on Santana Row! Our boutique hotel in San Jose, CA is at the center of all the excitement, entertainment, shopping and dining on Santana Row and near the Silicon Valley and Cupertino. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or corporate group or convention. See and be seen at our hip and swanky Vbar or experience "unruly" tapas and shared plates in Oveja Negra Restaurant. Hotel Valencia Santana Row invites our guests to experience luxury with our 215 rooms and suites and experience exceptional service and surroundings during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Valencia - Santana Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row
- Valencia Santana Row Hotel