“Trendy, elegant, yet comfortable”

Hotel Valencia - Santana Row
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I wish I would have stayed longer! I was in town for meetings which were actually held at the hotel, so I literally did not leave the hotel for 2 straight days. I enjoyed every minute though! The rooms are spacious and well stocked, the towels are super soft, and beds super cozy. The courtyard provided wonderful sun and fresh air during meeting breaks, and the bar was always ready for our crew when the day was done.
It's probably a good thing I was so scheduled because had I had time to get out I could have done major damage with all the shopping and dining right outside the hotel doors.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hotel Valencia. We hope your group will be back for another meeting soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Valencia - Santana Row

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I am in love with the Hotel Valencia. I am a native of San Jose, who has lived in the central valley for the past decade. I had the opportunity to stay at the Hotel Valencia last weekend for a quick girl's trip and I will be back. It was trendy, beautiful, quite, spacious. I was in awe.

The next time I will stay more than one night so that I can really experience all that the hotel has to offer!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your lovely comments! We have many "local" guests and very much appreciate that you choose Hotel Valencia and Santana Row.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Disconcerting when you return to your room in the evening and housekeeping failed to close the door all the way. Not cool at all! Got an apology, but that's it. Have stayed literally hundreds of hotel nights around the world and never once had that happen. Bad, bad, bad.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HVSR, Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for taking my call and once again, I do offer my apology. I hope that we will have an opportunity to have you as our guest in December. Please contact me directly as we discussed.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I checked in on October 13, anxiously awaiting the birth of our 10th grandchild, fortunately he was born on the 15th. The night of the 14th, our daughter called to say she was on her way to the hospital. I called the front desk and asked for a taxi to Stanford Hospital, after asking if we were okay, he said he would call for a taxi, within 2 minutes he called back and said the taxi was there. This is only one example of the kindness and professionalism of the staff. We stayed at this hotel until the 24th of October. Our suite was spacious, clean and had a wonderful comfy bed. We overlooked Santana Row, which was amazing! Fantastic shopping, restaurants and fun atmosphere. We would most definitely stay there again! Also, beautiful pool!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Congratulations on your new grandson! Thank you for selecting Hotel Valencia for your hotel while in the area for this special event. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to have you back to visit your newest family member.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been staying at the Hotel Valencia for the past 8 years and it has consistently exceeded my expectations. Its become my home away from home as I travel to San Jose 2 times per month.
The staff is excellent, the rooms are spacious, the pool is heavenly and to top it all off, a great breakfast is included every morning. Free wifi and free self parking make this the perfect spot for business travelers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

We appreciate your feedback, especially has you have been able to experience the hotel over many years.

We hope that you will like the new look that is coming to the hotel starting November and will be completed in February.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've been to the V Bar when during the early years of this hotel but never had any reason to stay the night, until the s/o surprised me for my birthday weekend. To say that I was surprised was correct, I was excited to actually see what the rest of the hotel looked like but once we did, I was not that impressed...surprise, surprise.

Checking in was quick and friendly, didn't realize such a caliber of hotel offered a complimentary continental breakfast, which I'll elaborate on later. Getting up to our room on the 7th floor, I noticed as the hallway carpet was worn, had noticeable wrinkles, and the walls were scuffed. Not to mention, the orchid plants by the guestroom elevators in the lobby were dying and needed TLC but to their credit, all the flowers within the hotel were real.

Upon entering the room, it was nice as it featured neutral tan and brown colors, which I liked. The room had a little sunroom, which thankfully had rolling floor to ceiling shutters to close it off and block the sunlight from the windows...which were absolutely filthy. The bathroom was adequate, nice plush towels and Lather amenities. The shower however did not look all that clean, the tub floor was discolored and the caulking needs work, for some reason it looks like mold on the pic, but it wasn't. Other not so nice things to point out were a sliver of carpet was missing, a dirty sock was found inside the closet, the coffee maker was placed so high that even I (5'10") had to tippy toe to reach for it. However, some nice things to point out; wifi was complimentary and strong, bed was uber comfortable, the linens felt so amazing, and the pillows, yeah we wanted to take them home!

Noise level in the hotel was not a surprise, especially being that it was a weekend. TON of bachlorette party rooms with "Woo Girls" (HIMYM reference), thankfully none of which were near us, the courtyard was full of bar patrons throughout the late evening, which meant the noise echoed all the way up. If it wasn't for the shutters and keeping the A/C on, I wouldn't have been able to sleep. I'm sure during the week, the hotel has a quieter atmosphere for the business folks.

Getting to the hotel, out of the hotel can be a challenge, but that's just how it is in Santana Row. Thankfully, the valet guys were all spot on and quite friendly. TIP: Calling 15-minutes before leaving your room before heading down to your car will save you so much time. After getting back from dinner, they were ID'ing people just to get up to the hotel, wow, as registered guests, we had to wait in line to enter the hotel and wait again for the elevators?

The continental breakfast hosted at Citrus was a decent spread, thankfully it was complimentary, otherwise I wouldn't have paid $18 per. They offered pastries, breads, fruit, oatmeal, scrambled eggs (liquid eggs, eww!), potatoes, cold cuts & cheeses, coffee and juice.

All in all, I'm glad that I can actually say that I've stayed at the Hotel Valencia, at least now I know better. I understand that they will be undergoing a renovation soon but, just knowing the party crowd that stays here on the weekends, the difficulty of getting in/out of Santana Row, and lastly for $200+ a night, I expected a better quality of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank norcalnick

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at Hotel Valencia. You are correct, we are starting a complete guestroom renovation November 2 going through January. In addition the lobby and the Vbar will also be given a new fresh look.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Would have loved to stay here for a multiple night stay. We were headed to San Francisco so this was just a place to stay for one night. But it was wonderful! The bed was super comfy and breakfast was also a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2013
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Valencia and Santana Row.