This was my third stay at the Valencia, each time for business. The hotel is set amongst an upmarket development near a large Westfield mall and surrounded by a fantastic range of restaurants and designer stores.
The Valencia's decor is modern with a lot of dark wood and lush (expensive!) furnishings. I prefer to stay in a deluxe room with a king bed and balcony. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the bathrooms are a generous size. Slightly annoying is the number of lamps in the room which you cannot turn on / off with one master switch - they each need to be controlled individually.
From a business perspective the desk isn't very ergonomic or comfortable, but fine for short periods of work and the hotel offers complimentary wireless.
I've only ever stayed at the Valencia during winter so cannot comment on the pool. The gym has two treadmills, one ekliptical trainer, a stepper and two bikes along with a couple of weights machines. It is housed in a remodelled hotel room so the ceiling is very low and hence the room heats up quite quickly when the gym is busy.
The breakfast at the Valencia is absolutely amazing! It includes a wide range of fresh fruit juices as well as spirulina, the usual coffee and tea / herbal teas, waffles, french toast, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, muesli and brand-name cereals, along with pastries, bagels, cheese and a delicious variety of fresh fruit and berries.
There is a bar near the reception which is ok as a meeting place prior to heading out to dinner, but doesn't have a lot of atmosphere.
Service by the Valencia staff is of a very high standard and when I recently completed an online feedback form and mentioned I was slightly disappointed not to receive my usual VVIP (Valencia VIP loyalty program) welcome amenity, I received an email follow-up within hours. I was very impressed with this level of customer relationship management.
Make sure you register for the VVIP program before you stay, as you can select a welcome amenity such as beer, wine, soft drinks, etc.
In summary I would not stay anywhere else in San Jose other than the Valencia. The location is ideal and the feeling of luxury in the rooms is undeniable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row is the only hotel located on Santana Row! Our boutique hotel in San Jose, CA is at the center of all the excitement, entertainment, shopping and dining on Santana Row and near the Silicon Valley and Cupertino. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or corporate group or convention. See and be seen at our hip and swanky Vbar or experience "unruly" tapas and shared plates in Oveja Negra Restaurant. Hotel Valencia Santana Row invites our guests to experience luxury with our 215 rooms and suites and experience exceptional service and surroundings during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Valencia - Santana Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row
- Valencia Santana Row Hotel