I love that this hotel is in the middle of it all - restaurants, upscale shopping, and nightlife. We had been to Santana Row in the past and knew if we were ever to return to San Jose that we would most certainly stay at Hotel Valencia. That said, the opportunity did arise and so I booked a room accordingly - for only $140 per night since it was a holiday weekend!!!! Bargain for sure. I love the courtyard, but we went there on a Sunday evening and found that there was no waiter service in the courtyard and also found that the heaters were all out of propane. I stood inside at the bar waiting to order drinks and appetizers for about 15 minutes (the bartenders - 2 of them - were making LOADS of drinks, so they weren't just standing around. . .I guess everyone at the bar arrived at the same time because there weren't that many people in there) and by the time he took my order, he advised me (with a smile) that it was about 1 minute after the expiration of happy hour appetizer prices. . .REALLY???? He saw me standing there for 15 minutes and you'd think he could make a concession to make up for the fact that I was inconvenienced, but NO. That said, we ordered 2 cocktails and 1 soda and took it back up to our room and ordered room service which was just OK at best. Room service staff and front desk staff were awesome. Check in/out was simple. Took my son to the pool Monday morning which was really nice. Beware that the lounge overlooking the mountains overlooks some really noisy air conditioners on a neighboring building - not really relaxing and romantic as they claim it to be. Free breakfast was a treat. While this hotel has the potential to be elegant, it is not quite there - but for the $140 we paid it was definitely worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row is the only hotel located on Santana Row! Our boutique hotel in San Jose, CA is at the center of all the excitement, entertainment, shopping and dining on Santana Row and near the Silicon Valley and Cupertino. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or corporate group or convention. See and be seen at our hip and swanky Vbar or experience "unruly" tapas and shared plates in Oveja Negra Restaurant. Hotel Valencia Santana Row invites our guests to experience luxury with our 215 rooms and suites and experience exceptional service and surroundings during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Valencia - Santana Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row
- Valencia Santana Row Hotel