“Hotel Valencia Santana Row”

Hotel Valencia - Santana Row
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Osaka, Japan
“Hotel Valencia Santana Row”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed here with short business trip.
It was situated on the famous shopping area Santana Row.
The shops and restaurants on the street were rather costly...
so I rather prefer the hotels on Milpitas or Santa Clara, since which have good options
to buy and eat as rather cost efferctive!
The room is beautifully decorated modern design, but it is not convenient to use.

Room; beautifully decorated modern design, rather small
Service: Excellent
Location: In front of the famous shopping area Santana Row

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Thank notsofreq.traveler
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

Yes, there are some more upscale shops and restaurants in Santana Row, but would like to point out that there are many more modest options both in Santana Row as well as at the adjacent Westfield Valley Fair Shopping Center.

If you opt to stay with us in the future, our staff would be delighted to help direct you to the various options within a 2 block radius.

Bonnie Best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Penang
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

i stayed a week at this hotel whilst on biz. Overall, I found the location PERFECT - right smack along Santa Row main shopping/dining area. 5-10mins walking distance to many other shops and eateries.

Pros:
- great location smack in the middle of a busy shopping/lifestyle area.
- helpful staff - very courteous and prompt. I asked for a pair of scissors to remove some packaging and the staff were quick to bring one up.
- nice and huge TV in the room. looks like a 42" unit.
- rooms are quiet at nite (ask for a room facing the courtyard if you want a more quiet location).

Cons:
- my BIGGEST #1 peeve: the showerhead water pressure was poor. I asked the staff to check, and apparently this was normal. For the upscale price per room, I expected much better water pressure for a hot shower.

- disappointed at the poor breakfast spread (it was always the same: scrambled eggs/bacons/muffins/toast/cereal). was expecting a wider spread.

- newspapers were avail at the lobby but not delivered to the room. would have been a nice touch if I got a morning paper under my door every day.

- no electric kettle in the room (I suppose I could have asked for one, but I didn't).

Overall, a great boutique hotel with a touch of class and elegance. The location and service trumps it all.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room facing courtyard
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide both positive and negative feedback on your recent stay.

We are looking into improving the shower heads later this year.

As the breakfast is a Deluxe Continental Breakfast, we have included a wide variety of items. Additional items are available on an a la carte menu. If there are Continental Breakfast items, that you can suggest, we are alway open to ideas.

We do not deliver daily newspapers to the rooms, as we received many complaints regarding the environmental waste that is created and that many did not read the papers. We are happy to deliver a daily paper if you advise the front desk that you would like one.

We would be happy to deliver a kettle to your room upon request.

We do appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. Thank you.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

The Hotel Valencia is a nice hotel in a great location. The rooms are comfy and clean and the complimentary breakfast is a welcome addition. There are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby so you could unwind after a busy day. I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler who is looking for something cozier than the normal hotel room.

Stayed May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. We hope that you will visit often.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a week during our vacation last month and it was amazing. The rooms are large and beautifully furnished. The room has a mini bar and you can rearrange the stuff inside to store some food or leftovers. We requested a microwave and got it too. The complimentary breakfast was very good and the staff are very friendly. We were asked if we wanted a room with a view or a quiet room. We went for the view but still it was quiet. I would suggest that you get a room in the 6th or 7th floor. The V bar gets noisy during the night and could be disturbing if you are in the lower floors.They also have a nice gym and pool. But above all, is the location of the hotel. The hotel is right in the middle of Santana Row full of high end shops and awesome restaurants. Also the Westfield mall is just a short walk from the hotel. The hotel offers complimentary self parking in a parking lot across the street. Try Kara's cupcakes and the french pastry shop near the hotel! There is a little play area for the little ones behind the hotel (near Maggiano's). I would definitely stay here again if I get the chance!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the higher floors!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We delighted that you enjoyed Hotel Valencia and Santana Row and definitely hope that you will have another opportunity to stay with us!

San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a great boutique hotel! The rooms are contemporary and large. The bathroom is a little small, but extremely nice and clean. The bed and furnishings are wonderful! I have stayed in several hotels in the area in the last few years and this is diffinetely the best! Santan Row is very lively and happening! This is not a hotel if you want a quiet and serene stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are noisy at night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback of Hotel Valencia. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Should you need any assistance for a future visit, please let me know.

Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

My last boutique hotel stay in San Fran wasn't the best experience so I went into this one with a slighted opinion. I was surprised at the friendly service and quality hotel this has turned out to be. I had a room on the 7th floor and also enrolled in the "VIP" service. Its free and I always do with hotels. I believe it got me an upgraded room.

The service staff was friendly, and had me checked in right away. The overall impression of the hotel was clean, a bit upscale and in a great location on Santana Row.

The pool area was a great place to get some work done by the sun. The lounger chairs were clean, well kept and comfortable.

Lots of good places to eat in the area which makes this a great business hotel.

Would stay here again for sure.

Stayed April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of Hotel Valencia. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay.

Please let me know if I may assist you in any way on future visit.

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel easter weekend and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is just beautiful. we had a king room with a balcony, which I highly recommend. The room was spacious and the bed amazing. We had enough room to set up an air bed for our 2 year old. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel offers complimentary breakfast which was great. They had a wide selection of breakfast items, such as eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, cereals etc. The location can't get any better. We were able to walk outside and be in the heart of shopping, dinning and all the amenities. There is a valet parking at the hotel for $24, but we ended up parking at the parking lot across the street which offers complimentary self parking for hotel guests. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of our hotel from your recent visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and Santana Row. We hope you will stay with us again on a future visit. Please feel free to contact me if I may assist in any way.