I had the opportunity to travel on business for 5 nights at the end of Feb and stayed at the Hotel Valencia.
In fairness, this was a business trip, so my needs in a hotel are much different than when traveling with my wife or family. I want something centrally located, decent sized room with amenities, nice spot for breakfast and perhaps a bar to catch a drink at the end of the day. So for my needs, the Valencia certainly hit the spot.
My room was large with a king, beautiful bed and covers with a small balcony overlooking a small courtyard below. Some rooms overlook an internal courtyard, others the parking area - ask when checking in. The rest of the room was great, although it could have used a more visible clock (esp for us east-coasters adjusting to the time difference and prone to waking very early in the morning).
We had the opportunity to take advantage of the hot tub outside on the 5th floor which was great. Pool seemed nice too, but it was a bit too cool for us to use.
The morning breakfast (included in your rate) was excellent! Not your average continental breakfast either with a daily egg selection, meats, potatoes, cereals, pastries, different juices, etc. It was a great start to the day.
The hotel is ideally located within Santana Row - so tons of restaurants around and pricey shops to peruse with any spare time. The hotel desk will also provide a jogging route in the area if you're so inclined or there is a fitness centre on the 5th floor.
The bar was a bit tight on space when we were there, but that might have been more as the result of the temperature as the outside space was not used due to the cooler temperatures. I understand this is a bit of a hotspot from Thurs - Sat - we saw it one night as people lined up to access the hotel, but it was of no bother to us in any way. (we did hear parking is tough on weekends - solved w valet)
All in all a great hotel that was close to Silicon Valley and within range of a visit to San Francisco as well.
PS Philly Flyers stayed in the hotel for a few nights while we were there - not sure if other sports teams call this home when on the road, but seemed a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row is the only hotel located on Santana Row! Our boutique hotel in San Jose, CA is at the center of all the excitement, entertainment, shopping and dining on Santana Row and near the Silicon Valley and Cupertino. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or corporate group or convention. See and be seen at our hip and swanky Vbar or experience "unruly" tapas and shared plates in Oveja Negra Restaurant. Hotel Valencia Santana Row invites our guests to experience luxury with our 215 rooms and suites and experience exceptional service and surroundings during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Valencia - Santana Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row
- Valencia Santana Row Hotel