“Great neighborhood Italian restaurant”
Review of Tomato Thyme

Tomato Thyme
Ranked #173 of 2,215 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Looks are not always what they seem when you look at the restaurant fascade. Inside is a bustling activity of good dining. Awesome homey Italian food, pleasant service, little noisy but good place to celebrate, date, or hang at the bar and catch a game. totally not pretentious, good vibes every time I go. I'd go there more regularly if it were closer to my house. I'd recommend franchising myself.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Have eaten at Tomato Thyme several times with friends. It is very popular with families and the older crowd. The food is good and well priced.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

They serve La Villa raviolis, and unless you grew up here, you may not know about La Villa. Its an Italian deli on Lincoln Av in Willow Glen. BEST raviolis ever! Tomato Thyme makes them their own, adding their sauces and spices. And that's just one dish among many that are worth venturing in to this seemingly insignificant restaurant. Its a little pricey for my 'everyday' type of dining adventure, but its a great place and we manage to get back there fairly often, because it is truly delicious Italian cuisine.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

A friend brought me here. It is in a grocery store strip mall. Parking lot was very full and hard to find a spot, think it was do to the gym also in the same mall. Once inside we were promptly seated. I don't remember much about gage decor, too busy visiting with friend. Service was prompt but never refilled water glasses. Portion was large. Friend got pasta and shrimp and I got rigatoni. We both cleaned our plate. Would go back again if in the area.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our family of 4 (incl. 2 children) love this place.
Food is excellent: we had salads, burgers, pasta and every single time, it was great.
Service is very friendly and not over-doing it. You can actually enjoy your meal without being interrupted every 2 minutes.

Highly recommend it.