“We had a great afternoon at this attraction!”

Happy Hollow Park and Zoo
Ranked #8 of 141 things to do in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: Happy Hollow Park & Zoo in San Jose has been a part of Bay Area families since it opened its’ gates in 1961. It’s a unique combination of family rides, amusements, a Puppet Theater, play areas and an accredited Zoo with over 140 animals, from endangered lemurs to miniature horses. Year round classes are offered for ages 12 months to adults as well as special events for all seasons. Happy Hollow Park & Zoo offers yearly Memberships for families and individuals.
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We spent an afternoon. with the grandkids aged 4 and 6... They could not get enough of the rides, especially the merry go round and the junior roller coaster... Also nice small zoo...
Rates are reasonable but make sure to spend the day, makes it more worthwhile for the price!
Small fee for ample parking.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"great place to visit"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had not been to Happy Hollow in about 30 years. It was renovated recently and is very impressive with the improvements. I recently took my 2 yr old daughter with grandma. We had an amazing time. It's best suited for 1 years to 7 years of age. I was so impressed with all of the activities they offer for kids all within the admission price. Be sure to bring your walking shoes and a stroller for kids, some snacks and drinks to bring inside.

My two and half year old loved the carousel ride, along with the petting zoo which is near by. Be sure to have a visit first to have a look at the animals. And then go off to ride some of the rides and play at the park, all included in the admission price.

We did go on an off day, a Wednesday and were the first into the park at 10am. Come early and enjoy the lack of people. But be prepared to pay a hefty fee for parking. All in all we were really impressed with cost vs activities in this park and zoo.

2  Thank expatraveler
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We live in San Jose so we have membership. I took my toddler son regularly before I had my daughter. It's perfect for families with kids.

1  Thank Julie N
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Visited with my 18 month granddaughter. This is more of a park than a zoo. The park is well kept and there are winding trails through the animal exhibits. There are several rides that are included in the price and 2 playgrounds, one for toddlers and preschoolers and another more elaborate one for grade school age kids. We went on a Tuesday morning and there were only 10 cars in the parking lot.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a really fun time here. 9-year-old enjoyed the barn area where you could feed the mini-horses, goats, and other farm animals. She also enjoyed the "meet the animal" segment where an employee taught us about skunks and let us pet one. (They change the animal each time). The jaguar and the tortoise were both really active too. Nice playground and kiddie rides included in entry fee. (AAA discount available) The rides, however, are more for the 5-6 year old crowd than the 9-10 year old crowd. It was a good place to spend a Sunday afternoon.

1  Thank BfloBetty