“Daily Lines Out the Door”
Review of Cha Cha Sushi

Cha Cha Sushi
Ranked #103 of 2,320 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I must admit I do not like Sushi except California Rolls. When I go to Cha Cha I stick to beef short ribs and chicken teriaki. However, they always have a line out the door. Day or night there is at least a 45 minute wait.

Although I don't like Sushi it looks like it is really worth the wait for customers. The restaurant is very small and crowded so not recommended for a romantic date night. You feel guilty to take your time when there are so many waiting so I would recommend it if you just have the craving but are not planning on making it a social night.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Love this place! Our first time and we will be back. Whenever you show up at a hole in the wall place early and there are people waiting to get in you know it’s going to be good. We were not disappointed. We went with our daughter, her husband and 3 ½ yr old grandson. Family friendly and attentive wait staff. Our kids have been there 2 times and wanted to bring us. It was great. We primarily focused on the sushi rolls. We ordered 6 rolls in total, each one different. They do a fun twist on the specialty rolls., Unagi, soft shell crab, and all the fish types platted in an attractive presentation with flavorful or hot sauces. Also if you want, for a buck extra you can get your sushi made with brown rice. To top it off you get a complementary chilled mussel dish with a tasty sauce on top. They have a happy hour discount on the hot sake, between 4-7 pm it’s half off regular price. They also have a lunch and dinner menu with plate specials. Our Grandson had the Bento box, didn’t see it on the menu maybe I missed it, but my daughter asked for it. It was perfect, A little chicken, rice, pot stickers and salad, just right for the little guy. Then to top it off we ordered a bowl of the green tea ice cream for dessert. We gobbled it down and them another bowl showed up, complementary. Guess they saw how much we liked it.
In all Cha Cha was a great experience. We will return.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were visiting family in SJ and we were starving so I found this place on Yelp. we got there around 3PM and the place and there were some ppl in it but after 5mins or so ppl starting pouring in. I had the king kong roll and it was amazing. My husband had the 3 item combo with chicken teriyaki, pork katsu, and salmon shasmi. The salmon was sooooo fresh and yummy. Overall food, price and customer service was all GREAT. I can't wait to go back next time...

2  Thank Luv2relax2
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We arrived about 5:30 on Friday night and saw several groups waiting. We added our name to the list and were seated in 5 minutes at the end of the sushi bar near the wall. We were given menus right away and were amazed at all the choices. I asked the man making sushi if we placed orders with him and he said no, the waitress. She was there within a minute to take our order. She also checked in with us several times during our meal. We enjoyed they speciality rolls, Orange Blossom, Crab meets Crab and Golden Gate. The first two had eight pieces and the last had 6 pieces. More than enough! They were very tasty and very fresh. Prices for rolls range from $8.95 to $14.95 (latter price are for "huge" rolls). Atmosphere would be describe as "hectic". We were in the corner so it wasn't as crazy. We'll go again to try more of their rolls.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent sushi for for the money. Servings are large. Korean style. You will not be disappointed.
During main dinner time will have to wait for a seat. Best sushi for miles around.