“Very good”
Review of LB Steak

LB Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
LB Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,320 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stevens Creek
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our meal at LB. Good atmosphere, but our only compliant, is the proximity to the street and the car fumes. Too many knuckleheads idling it up trying to impress the women was the only bad part of the meal. My Filet with the bone-in was tender and good. I thought the wine sauce was really "lite," compared to other restaurants that had a thicker, bolder wine sauce. My wife enjoyed her Oyster appetizers, and the truffle mac-and-cheese was yummy. I had a Bordeaux with my steak, and it went well. My wife had the sea bass with the pesto, and she raved about it. We basically ordered the same thing at other steak houses, and LB's was definitely easier on the wallet.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal. We had the salmon appetizer which was great. The fried chicken was very most was served with great greens, we also had the rib eye steak which was done perfectly!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I ordered the 12oz ribeye with a red wine jus for the main but before that I ordered the scallops. The only way to describe the food was tender and awesomely flavorful. We had a Napa Sauvignon Blanc with the scallops and a great French Burgundy with the beef. The Halibut? Something had to give way for ribeye. The service was very professional: the staff were there when you needed them and unobtrusive for the rest of the time, the best kind of service. Thanks guys.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My partner decided to take me out to a nice steak house in San Jose for my birthday and agreed since we have just relocated to Sunnyvale and staying in a temporary housing. What a TREAT!

We arrived at the restaurant and decided to have a pre-drink before dinner. I decided to have a bruised Chopin Martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. Bruised is used as a way to describe reactions and changes that go on in mixing a cocktail by shaking with ice vs. stirring the ingredients with ice. Shaking can make the spirit taste sharper, with more bite, by causing aldehydes in the spirits to combine with oxygen; this oxidizes them, changing the taste. Bartender was professional and nice but did not know the difference therefore I had two martinis that was below par.

We decided to get seated while the server was professional the service standards needs to be evaluated on a couple of issues: If your average check per person is more than $125.00 why would I have a paper table cloth lining? Removing plates while other guests are still eating was inappropriate, to order a steak and request medium and get the steak rare when you’re paying $50.00 is unacceptable, server pouring the sediments in your wine glass needs retraining and to order coffee and not get the cream and sugar when offered and requested is just a NO NO.

We ordered 3 steaks: 2 Medium Rare, and one Medium; one on the money one Medium Well and one Rare. Oysters was delicious and the deep fried calamari was a combination of deep fried onion rings with calamari not sure what it was? One piece of bread for each us and never came back to replenish, 2 bottles of wine $460.00 later.

Not sure if we would go back or make any recommendations at this establishment.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Mediocre service, so-so food, fully priced. There are better choices. Iceberg wedge with blue cheese had nice flavor, but was full of grit. Service was slow, at best, and not appropriate for a business dinner - had to ask for things twice, which I don't expect in front of clients. Morton's is a better choice...

Been to LB Steak? Share your experiences!