“Your basic Mexian food place”
Review of Tu Mero Mole

Tu Mero Mole
Ranked #134 of 2,214 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Sorry, but this was just your basic Mexican food place to me. Service and staff were very nice, but it was very small and very crowded and the food was just average. Maybe because I am not a fan of mole and just ordered a burrito. It was decent size, but nothing spectacular and even kinda bland. Nice little covered salsa bar, but overall just too average and crowded. If I was in the area, I'd try another place before I'd go back here.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Our bi-weekly dinner outing took my sons and I over to Tu Mero Mole for some authentic Mexican food.

We were cordially greeted by a woman whom I immediately placed as the owner. She was warm, friendly and very helpful. The place is small, but has adequate seating for about 30 people. The atmosphere is simple and very casual...but, cute. Ordering takes place at the counter and our food was brought out to our table when ready. We did notice, that as the place filled up, the noise factor increased quite a bit.

While we were studying the menu, the owner offered to have us try some of the sauces so we could decide which kind of dish we wanted. She brought out four sauces and explained what type of dish each of them would accompany. My oldest son had the Mole (which he said was very good), my younger son had Chicken Enchiladas with Ranchera Sauce, and I had the Enchilada Suizas. All were very tasty, but could have been hotter in temperature. I'm thinking this is because we arrived so early (5:15) and perhaps the food wasn't hot yet.

Chips and salsa are complimentary (as are refills), which is nice because I've noticed some places have started charging for theirs. The prices were very fair: $7.00 for a single item meal and $10.00 for a two item meal.

We would definitely go back again and perhaps try something different next time. They seemed to do a brisk take-out business too.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

and nachos in the peninsula area. I live in Santa Clara, and I LOVE mole. I travel to Tu Mero Mole whenever I crave either mole enchiladas or nachos (there other food is very good, too, but I have a penchant for mole and nachos). The people are super friendly and have a very welcome "want to please" attitude.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I loved this place!!!!! Went tonight and tried tacos.... I Was able to order a trio of three different kinds( the combo wasn't on the menu) so I could try some different items of their menu. They also gave me a taste of their mole ( yum!). It is a casual, inexpensive place. (Mostly under $10 per person) but I can see why they have so many stars!!! Definitely will go back! (Possibly the best Mexican food I've had!!)

1  Thank travelmomSanJose
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Come across Tu Mero Mole through Yelp after the BF wanted a burrito and we first went to a place that was cash-only (and of course their ATM machine was not working). The lady at the register was so helpful and nice and talked to us about the different items on the menu. We ordered the shrimp crispy tacos, enchilada suiza, carnitas burrito, and an aqua de coco. OMG that coco was delicious! Felt like I was vacationing sipping on that! The crispy shrimp tacos were also delicious. The BF and i devoured those tacos like starving loonies. The BF liked his echiladas, but I wasn't blown away by the burrito. Overall we'll definitely come back again and try some of the other items on the menu