“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Buda, Texas
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Stayed Thursday and Sunday while visiting Napa on Friday/Saturday. Great hotel, super location with very nice restaurants within walking distance. Super clean with very comfortable bedding. They currently do not have a van; they use Rainbow Cab for getting back and forth to the airport (worked just fine). Nice breakfast buffet with hot and cold items with fresh fruit (and a waffle maker) USA Today delivered to the door in the morning. We were very pleased with the experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PianoMan78610

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 7, 2008

Needed the hotel for an overnight wait before a morning flight. Arrived late, got keys to room from generally uninterested staff. Room was OK in size, but not really a suite of any sort (not that I was fussed); There is a sitting area, but it's not separate from the 'bedroom'. Free WiFi seemed good, but I found that I lost the signal if I went too far into the room, so had to set my laptop up nearer the door, which was a pain. Bathroom was ok. Bed reasonable. The aircon unit was quite loud, so I just switched it off

Free breakfast was ok, but very basic, though you can make your own waffle using the waffle appliance. Perhaps the best thing was the free courtesy cab to the airport, which basically meant the hotel served its purpose for me, but in a non-spectacular way.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Suhaib F
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2008

This is a great little property!

The parking garage is a bit tight, but that is the biggest challenge. Rooms are up to date and well cared for. Breakfast lounge is very inviting and a nice place to enjoy a better than average (for Comfort Suites) breakfast.

Location is right on the Light Rail line, which makes this location work for a conference or meeting downtown, at a fraction of the costs down there.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Orlando, FL
Reviewed October 31, 2008

We booked this hotel because we wanted to be close to the airport (2 min) for a very early flight out in the AM after a Jimmy Buffett concert in Mountain View. It's true it doesn't have very many parking spaces but other than that (and there are spots besides and behind) it was well worth the $98 we paid for a deluxe king room. The room was clean and modern. The room carpet was fairly new and they were laying new hall rug that week. The staff was very helpful. We asked where the nearest Target or Safeway was and the desk person had lists and map/directions to us while we waited for the elevator. We didn't get to eat the complimentary breakfast but the dining area looked very nice. The area around this downtown hotel is pretty much dead at night. There is a large 7-11 within 1 block and a Japanese steak house/sushi bar about 2 blocks away.
If you're looking for fancy, move on but if you just want clean efficent comfort this will do just fine.

• Liked — Close to airport
  • Disliked — Small underneath building parking
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HJimm
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed July 26, 2008

You can take a tram car just in front of this hotel.
I remember that youngster have disturbed my sleeping with shouting near by the hotel.
Seven - Eleven is there within 1 minute walk.

Nothing is more than enough, nothing is less than necessory.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — standard
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken_Boon_Yam
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed April 21, 2008

I and a travel partner stayed here 4/17-4/20 (Thur-Sun) and had a very pleasant experience. The initial approach had me concerned as the "Comfort" part of the neon sign was out. I drove in to the covered parking and found a spot near the entrance, as I did throughout my stay. The lot is covered, well lit, and not crowded; Nice! The property is located on a strip of other motels and motor inns, not a glitzy area but not dangerous despite the bail bonds office 3 blocks away. Denny's is next door.

The lobby was neat, they had my reservation and room as scheduled and quickly and pleasantly checked me in. One quirk was that room 225 didn't have a room number sign on it but I was able to triangulate the room location.

The room was large, with 2 beds as requested, and 4 excellent pillow per bed. Everything was very clean, from the kitchen area (sink, micro, 4-ft high fridge, coffeemaker) to the bath (freshly caulked with no mold or discoloration at all). There was no smell of smoke anywhere in the hotel as the whole property is smoke-free. Again, Nice!

Because the property is long and narrow we were set far back from the busy N 1st street the hotel is on, so traffic noise was nonexistent. The window overlooked a neighboring motel parking lot but was not noisy.

We never make it to Denny's because they hotel has a nice hot breakfast; eggs (scrambled 1 day, scrambled with bacon another), make-your-own waffles, and sausage patties 1 day. Cereal, juices, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and milk (2% and whole) no need to eat elsewhere which saves $10/day.

Room service was uneventful, clean towels and the bath was spotless. Checkout was as it should be, no line, no extra charges beyond the required 10% Occupancy Tax, sign and go. AAA discount saved $10/day, bringing the price (includes Occupancy Tax) to $99 for Thursday and $89 for Sat and Sun.

An excellent example of this type of business motel!

• Liked — Clean, no-smoking atmosphere.
  • Disliked — Downtown neighborhood.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jeti_in_cal3
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 5, 2008

I booked this hotel based on the reveiws as well as the fact that I got it for less then $100/night. This area of North First street is kind of ghetto, I used to live in SJ, and there really isnt anything nearby foodwise without a bit of a drive. Nevertheless I booked. Upon arrival I was actually pretty surprised. The room was large, the furnsihings decent and somewhat new. The WiFi wasnt working in my room and neither was the cable the hotel provided but I had my own so it was fine. I didnt really see the bathroom floor until moring or else I would not have stayed in the room. Like I said, the room is newer and the tile in the bathroom was a beige stone. At least it was supposed to be beige. Around the toilet and the tub it was actually black. I didnt notice anything amiss until I kind of looked under the sink fixture and noticed it was supposed to be beige. I notified the front desk and the girl came up and looked and told me "there is really nothing I can say, it is disgusting." She apologized and promised to have the manager call me. That was three days ago and nothing yet. Why the Manager was not in the hotel at 10 am on a Thursday I do not know, but maybe that explains to poor cleaning.
Really, the rest of the room was fairly nice, but the disgusting bathroom floor grossed me out to the point that the rest of the room just seemed dirty. And the lack of response from the management makes me not want to bother going back. There are other hotels in better areas that are cleaner.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Dirty dirty dirty.....
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business