“Hotel good- neighborhood questionable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Airport

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #41 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
Madison, Wisconsin
“Hotel good- neighborhood questionable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is exactly as pictured on the webpage- nice size room, small fridge, sink, microwave (no utensils or cookware provided though). It was clean, and included breakfast was good with both hot and cold items. Staff friendly and small issues were taken care of very rapidly.

The hotel is very convenient to light rail which as a solo traveling female was fine in the morning. However, returning around 8:30 pm, I did have a rather uncomfortable moment where a group of young men yelled some questionable things at me after passing me on the sidewalk as I walked from the stop to the hotel. I didn't feel in acute danger, but the situation was stressful enough I would hesitate to make that trek by myself after dark again. Unlike many others in the neighborhood, the doors to the rooms are in the interior, which helps with security.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank wahoowahuvahoo
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you had a great stay with us and could enjoy all of our amenities. We apologize for any of the other inconveniences you encountered, and ensure you that our hotel is safe. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sita Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kirkland, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I filled out the confirmation page. I entered in my credit card information. The room rate was $79. The site told me "We were not able to process your reservation at this time. Please try again later or call our Reservations Center." I called the hotel and they said that the rate was $20 more than the listed rate. They told me to call another phone number. I called that phone number and the customer service agent said that the $79 rate was for a choicepriviledge customer. The customer service agent told me to hold. They left me on hold for 15 minutes. No answer.

Shady. Really shady.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan H

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Needham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed one night at the hotel after a late arrival from the East Coast. Hotel is not new, but well maintained and staff welcoming and professional. There is now a regular hotel shuttle from the airport that replaces the taxi service mentioned by some. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel quiet. Breakfast was very good for an included hotel breakfast. Walking distance to a convenience store and 24 hr restaurant. Would certainly stay again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HMC633
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are very glad you decided to try out the Comfort Suites. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I stayed for one short night because I was flying out of San Jose early the next morning. When I mentioned this to the woman at the front desk, she said she would prepare a breakfast bag for us the next morning since we would be checking out before breakfast. I didn't even have to ask her to do this! Wondering if she would be true to her word, she greeted us with a smile and gave us the breakfast bags. They weren't very elaborate, but I certainly appreciated her thoughtfulness.

On the whole, I found the hotel very clean and the bed very comfortable. I noticed the room had a small kitchen (sink, microwave, and refrigerator) While I wasn't there long enough to use the kitchen, it's certainly something that's nice to have in a hotel room.

Lastly, the parking is under the hotel and well lit. I felt very safe because of this. However I took the last space under the hotel, and it's conceivable that the following person would have to use the outdoor lot just next to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jtrek72
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wyoming, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed for 3 days upon arriving to California. Everything was very good. The breakfast is wonderful. They have hot and cold items; nice variety. All of the staff are very nice and helpful! Room had a nice kitchenette style with fridge, microwave and sink. We enjoyed our stay very much. It does not have a pool though, that was the only downside.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Malena N
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking your time out to write a wonderful review for us. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the options at breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was in a standard double room with a small couch. I guess they feel they can call it a "suite" with the addition of the couch. The hotel is located near the airport with good access to public transportation. There is free covered parking, but the garage is rather tight for larger SUV's & trucks. The clerk who checked us in was not very personable and strictly business. The hotel lobby is very small and basic, and consisted of a few sitting chairs. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, and medium size flat screen t.v. There is also free wi-fi in the hotel which worked flawlessly. The breakfast included breads, eggs, bacon, potato's, and waffles. The breakfast was good and did the job, but the breakfast area was very crowded during our stay. Overall, we were satisfied with this hotel and it definitely works for a short stay. I would consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Artwrk
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Worked well for me! Good room and breakfast. Room was odor-free which is one of the things I care particularly about, and quiet. Very close to light rail stop. As others have mentioned "airport shuttle" is an arrangement they have with a local taxi company, but it works fine. If you're driving, could be different story - parking under the building is limited, apparently overflow parking is in the lot of the motel next door. I thought the location was fine - this is a little quieter part of N First St compared to downtown. If you're with family, I'd suggest see if a two-room suite is available. Not sure what the deal is with swimming pool. Didn't see sign of one, but didn't look for it. Once again maybe there's a deal with the next door motel ?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center
Comfort Inn and Suites Newark
Wyndham Garden San Jose Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Jose Airport

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!