“Great Service”

Ranked #52 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Pittsburgh
“Great Service”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I stayed for one short night because I was flying out of San Jose early the next morning. When I mentioned this to the woman at the front desk, she said she would prepare a breakfast bag for us the next morning since we would be checking out before breakfast. I didn't even have to ask her to do this! Wondering if she would be true to her word, she greeted us with a smile and gave us the breakfast bags. They weren't very elaborate, but I certainly appreciated her thoughtfulness.

On the whole, I found the hotel very clean and the bed very comfortable. I noticed the room had a small kitchen (sink, microwave, and refrigerator) While I wasn't there long enough to use the kitchen, it's certainly something that's nice to have in a hotel room.

Lastly, the parking is under the hotel and well lit. I felt very safe because of this. However I took the last space under the hotel, and it's conceivable that the following person would have to use the outdoor lot just next to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jtrek72
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sita Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wyoming, MI
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed for 3 days upon arriving to California. Everything was very good. The breakfast is wonderful. They have hot and cold items; nice variety. All of the staff are very nice and helpful! Room had a nice kitchenette style with fridge, microwave and sink. We enjoyed our stay very much. It does not have a pool though, that was the only downside.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Malena N
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking your time out to write a wonderful review for us. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the options at breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

San Diego, California
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was in a standard double room with a small couch. I guess they feel they can call it a "suite" with the addition of the couch. The hotel is located near the airport with good access to public transportation. There is free covered parking, but the garage is rather tight for larger SUV's & trucks. The clerk who checked us in was not very personable and strictly business. The hotel lobby is very small and basic, and consisted of a few sitting chairs. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, and medium size flat screen t.v. There is also free wi-fi in the hotel which worked flawlessly. The breakfast included breads, eggs, bacon, potato's, and waffles. The breakfast was good and did the job, but the breakfast area was very crowded during our stay. Overall, we were satisfied with this hotel and it definitely works for a short stay. I would consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Artwrk
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Worked well for me! Good room and breakfast. Room was odor-free which is one of the things I care particularly about, and quiet. Very close to light rail stop. As others have mentioned "airport shuttle" is an arrangement they have with a local taxi company, but it works fine. If you're driving, could be different story - parking under the building is limited, apparently overflow parking is in the lot of the motel next door. I thought the location was fine - this is a little quieter part of N First St compared to downtown. If you're with family, I'd suggest see if a two-room suite is available. Not sure what the deal is with swimming pool. Didn't see sign of one, but didn't look for it. Once again maybe there's a deal with the next door motel ?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed two nights there. It was a very pleasant surprise. Our room was very clean and well kept. The staff was great. Parking is under the building. It can get a bit tight at times. The breakfast in the morning was great! If you are driving, It is right after the Denny's and you can miss the entrance to the garage. Keep an eye out for it.
The location is not too bad. It is right across from the Lite Rail System.
The rooms looked as if they were newly painted and the carpets also looked new. The bathroom was spotless and big. This was a great place for the price we paid. I would stay there again.
The neighborhood looked a bit tough at times, but it is San Jose, a very busy place. Beside all of that, it is a great find with a great staff.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank digamac
Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night for early flight. Room was nice and price was good.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank notonyourlife1397
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate the great review.

Indiana
Reviewed July 16, 2012

For hundred bucks with great breakfast and COVERED garage. What do you want more? It is not the newest property, however it is in a good condition, great location. Clean and comfy beds. Breakfast at the second floor.
It took me to drive twice (night) by the hotel as there is no lit sign at the hotel side to point the hotel location. I was very surprised about their covered garage (free parking). I guess it does not fit all guests cars, but I was lucky.
Hotel room was quiet and overall we were pleasantly surprised. Front desk gall was so nice. I wish I ask about her name and send management some warm words about her being helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DZZY
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and our clean and comfortable rooms. We are also glad to see that our guest appreciate the many amenities, such as the complimentary garage parking, the hotel offers. If you come back to San Jose in the future, we would love for you to stay with us again.