“Covered Garage Surprise”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed July 16, 2012

For hundred bucks with great breakfast and COVERED garage. What do you want more? It is not the newest property, however it is in a good condition, great location. Clean and comfy beds. Breakfast at the second floor.
It took me to drive twice (night) by the hotel as there is no lit sign at the hotel side to point the hotel location. I was very surprised about their covered garage (free parking). I guess it does not fit all guests cars, but I was lucky.
Hotel room was quiet and overall we were pleasantly surprised. Front desk gall was so nice. I wish I ask about her name and send management some warm words about her being helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DZZY
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and our clean and comfortable rooms. We are also glad to see that our guest appreciate the many amenities, such as the complimentary garage parking, the hotel offers. If you come back to San Jose in the future, we would love for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here 1 night. Got a great package to the Winchester Mystery house. $129.00 that included to adult tickets. The front desk staff Gaby was sp great. I asked for the top floor away from any noise(i'm a light sleeper). Upon entering the room it was super clean and nice and cool. We slept very well and got up to a nice breakfast on the 2nd flood. The breakfast had eggs, waffles, sasuage, ect. Not just your basic muffins and juice. Great stay! The area seems a little shady but we had no trouble and we felt very safe.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The hotel's description of the airport shuttle service is inaccurate and misleading. They do not own a van to pick you up at the designated passenger pick-up place at the airport. Instead, they send a cab and make you wait inside a parking structure. At my arrival, they forgot to tell me where to wait, so I wasted nearly one hour waiting and talking on the phone to the hotel receptionist to specify the location. The next morning, I took their "cab" service to a Caltrain station. The driver seemed to have been in a bad mood and the ride was most unpleasant. I said "have a good day" when leaving, the guy just grumbled "maybe." The hotel is close to the airport and the price was very reasonable, but I still feel I paid too much for the experience I had.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank greenmonster18
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your airport pick up. Our shuttle service is through a hired cab company and usually there is no problem. We are glad to hear that hotel was a reasonable choice for you. If you come back to San Jose in the future, we would love for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were here for only one night prior to flying home after a visit to Yosemite NP, and it proved to be an excellent choice. The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport (we had a rental car, but the hotel provides transportation via cabs), has underground parking (at no extra cost) and serves a great, hot breakfast with fresh eggs and meats. Although the hotel is located on a main street, it is oriented perpindicular to the street so noise is minimized. The room, bed, cleanliness and check in were all completely up to snuff. My only complaint was the high volume (on low cool) air flow from the A/C that blew on us all night long despite my attempts to divert the air with a barricade of cushions, spreads and pillows. This is a problem common to most hotels, but at least the A/C unit wasn't one of those that shut off and then came back on with a roar. In the final analysis, this was a minor annoyance which didn't really affect our night's sleep, and we found the Comfort Suites to be a a great choice for an airport overnight. As far as value, we spent about half as much for this hotel as we did for our Yosemite lodging (outside the park!), and it was twice as nice. This is, of course, not a fair comparison, but nevertheless, it made the Comfort Suites come across as a very good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trickydnc
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We spent the night here prior to a flight the next morning. The rooms are decent and the girl who checked us in was helpful, and nice. Probably not in the best of neighborhoods, but it met our needs perfectly. The underground garage was nice to have, no concerns about the car during the night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

A good choice for an overnight stay before heading on the following morning. Close to airport. Free "Shuttle" service is actually a locally contracted cab company that provides pickup and drop off to airport. If you are unfamiliar with the new SJC airport layout, it can be a bit tricky locating the pickup area, but the dispatcher was patient in leading me to where I had to be, and the driver then phoned me to look over my shoulder and see his cab. Room was serviceable and clean- Denny's next door was a welcome sight on a late arrival as there is little else in the immediate area. Breakfast was available early, with a decent selection of cereals, scrambled eggs, and a waffle station. I would stay here again when travelling.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sponge_Rider
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great review and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in San Jose!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

For $89 through hotels.com, with taxes $103, this is worth what I paid.
Pros: Really comfortable bed and down pillows, very clean, good sized room, lots of cabinets for long stays

Con: I asked for a quiet room. 324 was very quiet, except for the middle-of-the-night emptying of the dumpsters right under my window. Do ask if the dumpster will be emptied the night you stay. Good orange juice and bacon at breakfast, nice quiet eating area - tv on the news, but not loud and some WSJ sections left by the time I came down to eat at 9 am. Airport pickup is on demand when you call from the airport and it comes pretty fast - bit of a walk from baggage claim to pickup area - not in the normal hotel shuttle area - they contract out to Rainbow Taxi.

Mediocre breakfast, but I think pretty typical - make-your-own waffles with really tasteless batter, whole-wheat bread that is just white bread disguised with coloring or molasses, industrial eggs & homefries

Not a pretty area to stroll in. People hanging out on the street and I could swear this girl paid this guy for something and went off with it curled up in her hand.

Room Tip: Check if the dumpster will be emptied while you are there if you are on the side it is on. Or even...