Lowest prices for your stay
Breakfast included
BestWestern.com
Exclusive member rates
Priceline
Breakfast included
All reviews coffee machine clean hotel the breakfast area checking in pleasant stay free parking silicon valley bw freeway tuan
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2017

We were going to the Queen Concert at the SAP Center in San Jose and needed a place to stay. The BW Lanai Gardens was the perfect place to stay - it's right off the freeway, but quiet. It was an easy drive to the concert. The beds were super comfortable. The rooms and bathroom are simple but immaculate. The curtains had been replaced with shutters since the last time we stayed there - a very nice look. When we got back from the concert, we had a late dinner at the Denny's across the street - very convenient! The next morning we had the breakfast downstairs - great coffee machine with multiple choices including hot chocolate. The usual breakfast items - juice, cold cereal, pastries, cheese omelet, pancakes, etc. The manager Tuan (great guy) told us there are other eating places near by but Denny's fit the bill that late at night. They also have cookies at the desk in the afternoon! I would definitely stay there again the next time I'm in the San Jose area.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank susans8082014
lanaigm, Manager at Best Western Lanai Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Thank you for giving us such a great review Susan! I am glad you get to enjoy the concert and had a great stay. Hope to see you ladies again on the next concert.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

When we checked in, everything seemed fine. Check-in was ok. Room was ok. Nothing spectacular, average. While sitting in the chair I noticed something was on my arm - I thought it was an ant. Then there were more. Then we saw little bugs skittering. Had no idea what they were, but we wanted out. The front desk changed our room, but I was uneasy and itchy all night. I cancelled the stay for the next night. The woman at the front desk said I don't blame you.

I mentioned the incident to the manager the next morning, who said he was aware of the problem and the exterminator was coming, but he didn't know what type of bug it was. I showed him a picture, and he seemed relieved when he said "Oh, baby cockroaches, those are easier to get rid of." I guess bed bugs are harder to remove. Yikes! He gave a $50.00 refund on the room; clearly not enough, but I just wanted to leave. We will not be returning to this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Rooms are clean and tidy but security and temperatures are a concern. Room was located on the very furthest location from the front desk and the hallways are not air conditioned in the least. In fact, the pool access door was always kept open even when the sign said to keep it closed which added to the temperatures within the building. Always a nice breakfast provided but the new coffee machine gave more issues than necessary. Arrived during a later check in and the FD Staff informed us that we could not use Best Western point accumulation as we has booked through Expedia. On check out we inquired again to find that this was not the case and found that a random account number was listed on our account??? Hmmmm.... Very handy for travel but the sounds of cars and trunks on the on and off ramp would not be welcomed by the leisure traveler.

Room tip: choose something closer to the front desk
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arendtfamily
lanaigm, Manager at Best Western Lanai Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

We apologized for the inconveniences and your concerns are noted. Our management team will make the improvements to better your next stay.

Reviewed June 16, 2017

i am a best western rewards member with a status of DIAMOND for my frequent stays at BEST WESTERN. i love the friendliness i receive when i stay with them. But in all my years i have never ever been treated like i was an inconvenience. This entire hotel staff is very shady. i tried calling to get the rude employees name that ruined my trip but they did not want to help me in any way what so ever. I understand that each hotel is privately owned so why would BEST WESTERN want to have such condescending employees represent them in such a way?? the front desk was the worst i have every encountered and the front desk either make the experience good or bad for every guest and it ruined mine. i HATE this hotel and will make sure my colleagues never stay here EVER!!!! i wish i could take my money back. i hope they learn some customer service and remember that sometimes a guest may be going threw some things in life and to always treat every guest the same not choose who we are nice too.. front desk was a male and Asian who made my night even worst after finding out my aunt just died. He had no idea what the meaning of customer service was!!!

Room tip: the location was very convenient and a bit pricey do not stay here
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
lanaigm, General Manager at Best Western Lanai Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2017

Dear Mr. Me Y, we have no record of your stay at our hotel. Could it be another Hotel?

Reviewed June 7, 2017

I had a pleasant, quiet stay which is exactly what I needed. If I had had any problems whatsoever I'm sure the Best Western staff would have found a solution to almost any major or minor situation. Thank you again for the pleasant stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
lanaigm, Manager at Best Western Lanai Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Thank you for staying us!! Please do come back again and visit us.