“Get Your BBQ on Here” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smoking Pig BBQ Company

Smoking Pig BBQ Company
Ranked #4 of 2,142 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a very casual BBQ "joint" in the traditional sense. The focus is on the food. Slow smoked meats, homemade sides, rubs, sauces and desserts. Friendly service, at home feel. Excellent beer and wine lists (no kidding). Genuine Southern BBQ. Everything made in-house. Our mission is your delight. We Cater too! 25 to 5000 people.
Cupertino, California
“Get Your BBQ on Here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Okay; any place with the nerve to serve "WolfeTurds" is on my fine BBQ list. Right after you finish the "Turds" have the "Tips" and the the "Brisket Sammy" with the Mac-n-Cheese side and a cornbread muff. Yeah that's what I'm taken about. Finger and forearm lick'n gooood!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Houston, Texas
“Friendly place with good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We were warmly greeted when we entered, and were checked on several times while we ate. We ate brisket, Mac and cheese, and the greens were delicious! I heard a waitress say their policy was if you don't like it they take it back. Great place near the airport!

“Great Place for Barbecue & Blues”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

The owner / Chef is friendly, the service is fast, and the food is great. What's more, I enjoyed the Blues music, both recorded and live that plays there. Don't go there thinking it's a big, fancy / well decorated restaurant or you'll be disappointed. Go for down home Barbecue & Blues and you won't be disappointed.

Brentwood, California
“Good BBQ!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Since moving to the Bay Area I've been looking for a BBQ place that at least compares to Phil's BBQ in San Diego. Much to my dismay, the few I have tried have not been up to par.

Smoking Pig did very well. My family and I ate dinner here after a day at the Kids Discovery Museum in San Jose.

While not "the best", it was darn tasty! The meat was cooked to perfection. I also like the fact when you order the brisket you get to choose fatty or lean. I chose the brisket and rib platter. More than enough food, and I'm a large guy! The BBQ sauces were interesting as well.

For appetizer we tried the Potato Grenade. What an awesome piece of perfection! The potato had a beautiful, smoky flavor. Then the mac n cheese and stuffed jalepeno inside! What a combination of flavors! Definitely getting this bad boy again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Reno, Nevada
“Super casual but delicious BBQ!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I wouldn't say it's the best BBQ I've ever had, but I think it is the best in San Jose. It's definitely not healthy (appetizers especially!) but the pulled pork is good. Come early-- they run out quickly on weekend nights. There's often a wait out the door, and we've waited for 45 minutes to an hour before. You can also get food as take-out.

Inside, it's nothing fancy- folding chairs and super packed. There's often live music too.

Visited September 2013