“As close to Texas BBQ as you can get in San Jose!”

Smoking Pig BBQ Company
Ranked #3 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We are a very casual BBQ "joint" in the traditional sense. The focus is on the food. Slow smoked meats, homemade sides, rubs, sauces and desserts. Friendly service, at home feel. Excellent beer and wine lists (no kidding). Genuine Southern BBQ. Everything made in-house. Our mission is your delight. We Cater too! 25 to 5000 people.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stopped by the Smoking Pig because we heard about their slow cooked brisket--just like what is served in Texas! We were not disappointed. The wolf turd appetizer--bacon wrapped stuffed jalepeno--literally melted in your mouth! The moist brisket was perfection, and the lean was just fine--just a little on the dry side. Three very good sauces were available that complimented the meat well. The sausage was unexpected--more Louisiana style than what we were used to--hints of tobasco and red pepper. Might try the ribs next time instead. Service was exceptional, and the owner was very friendly. Save room for the peanut butter pie--it was awesome!

There are newer reviews for Smoking Pig BBQ Company

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The restaurant is a little out of the way on 4th St. but worth the trip
Very low key and has a house blues band some nights
A really great selection of NORCAL beers - and even had Red Trolly from San Diego
Tried the Wolf Turds and Chicken Lolipops starters - both great
Their 3 meat combo and "sammys" were outstanding
- this may be the best BBQ in San Jose with very friendly service
The only disappointment was the key lime pie - too sweet

1  Thank jonneyboy
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Found this place on TA and was located a short walk from out hotel HIE. I tried the 3 meat combo with the brisket, pulled pork and ribs, all three being very good and hard to decide which was best. I had the mac and cheese but wished there wasn't so much cheese sauce. The corn bread was great; could have been bigger for me, and I had it with the honey. Had this with a Black Dog Ale and was full with no room for dessert. I would have tried the peanut butter pie, but maybe next time I'm in San Jose.

1  Thank TasteBites
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I thought the meat was too dry and the spices on the ribs almost nonexistent. The bakes beans were good and the collard greens surprisingly good. Maybe I went on a bad night for the guy manning the smokers.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Simply amazing food, I went for the 3 meat combo and mac cheese and is was stunning friendly service and a must visit if your in SF or the valley