“Good Flavors”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Description: Isabella's is a great Peruvian restaurant
Description: Isabella's is a great Peruvian restaurant
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've never had Peruvian cuisine and was pleasantly surprised at the flavors. I ordered the Tallarin saltado de carne (pasta in a beef sauce with tomatoes and onions) and my friend ordered the Aguadito de Mariscos (seafood soup with cilantro flavoring). Of course, we had to taste each other's meals and both, we agreed, were delicious. Josh even asked what type of pasta I'd like to have. Having read some reviews, I was a little hesitant to go because of some writers' opinions about the service; however, both wait staff were attentive. The passion fruit drink was small but very tasty. Since I had purchased a Groupon coupon, our bill for the evening was a little over a dollar!!! Can't beat that! Isabella's also has a printable online coupon so your fifth dinner will be free. Gives us good reason to return since we'd like to try some desserts on our return visit.

1  Thank Anne N

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I am not fond of Peruvian food, but my friend wanted to eat lomo saltado, hence to the Peruvian restaurant we went. I ordered carne asada and she lomo saltado, my carne asada was good but her lomo saltado was excellent. She also ordered Chicha morada, a Peruvian sweet drink made from corn, it was delicious. The service was prompt and friendly. We really loved it. When I go back to California, I will give this a try again.

1  Thank Tito G
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited this little restaurant on memorial day. Surprisingly, the place was quite busy considering its location. The service was prompt and good. We ordered a Peruvian steak, a cau cau seafood with rice, a pisca sour, and Peruvian cookies for dessert. the steak was hard and blend. Not that they overlooked it ( I ordered medium rare), I think it's the meat itself. I added salt, and it tasted better The seafood dish, however, was very delicious. The rice was flavored and very good The passion fruit pisca sour was good. But, when we got the check, it cost $8.95 for a 4 oz drink. Don't know if that's the ongoing rate, but seem very expensive to me for the size of the drink. The cookies with whipped cream were tasty. Overall, the place is a little pricy. I would visit again, but will stick with their seafood dishes.

1  Thank lasergod88
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

There are some great dishes and some not so good. So beware.

The cerviche is great, so is the soup. The arroz con marisco was ok, the giant prawn on top was not so fresh. The bisteca (steak) was terrible. Huge size, but not much flavor.

1  Thank Aussie_Alien
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a very nice Peruvian restaurant suggested to me by a Peruvian Collegue. My wife and I loved this place very much. Not a big place and its crowded most of the times. The waiting staff is not the best but food was amazing. I am local to this place would definitely visit this place again.