“Best Stay Ever!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Best Stay Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This pleace was extremly clean, and the workers were all very nice and helpfull. They allow pets there, and for haveing all kinds of cats and dogs comeing in and out they make sure to not have the rooms smell like animals. It was an extremely comfortable stay with the small kitchen, and the accomidateing employees. I highly recommend it to all.

Room Tip: All rooms are GREAT!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Don't listen to all this negative people, the staff including the manager are great!!! The hotel is exactly what is expected of a hotel a nice environment with all one may need for a short or long stay. The hotel was clean, staff was prompt and informative, and all accomidations are included---yes all!!!

@ all those leaving negative comments..... How would u like to be assessed on the Internet and publically judged for others actions--keep in mind the hotel purpose not the occupants and there choices. The hotel is here to provide a service of accomidation and in there defense they do that by far and the service and customer interaction is up and beyond!!!

Great Job-- Extended Stay America-Edenvale --South

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The manager Tommy is very accommodating and exhibited great customer service. He really made me feel welcome. He was very pleasant and polite with a good attitude. I would definitely love to come back the next time I am in town. Great coffee muffins oatmeal granola bars and fruit for breakfast. Thanks for an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed April 2013
Cool, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is a national chain and has a fairly good reputation as an inexpensive but clean place to stay. The ESA on San Ignacio Avenue in San Jose is a sad representative of the company. I discovered at 8:00pm on March 26, 2013 that there was no hot water for a bath or shower. When I tried to use the phone to ask the front desk about it, the phone didn't work. I walked to the front desk and the indignant woman working there "took a report" and told me the maintenance man would be in at 8:30am. When I asked about an alternative room, she was irritated to report that "there was no real hot water" in any of the rooms. When I asked about some financial discount for the inconvenience, she said that she had no authority to offer any help whatsoever and that I would have to speak with the manager. And yes, the manager was due in at 8:30am the next morning. The quality of the room was just okay but at least better than the quality of the staff. My stay was at the end of a long day and I was looking forward to a hot bath. I needed to be on the road early the next morning and did not have a chance to speak with someone who had "authority" to help. Avoid this motel.

Room Tip: Please seek a different location.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BruinSeniorTraveler
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - South, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent review of our hotel Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale. I am extremerly apologetic that you had less than a great stay with us and that you experinced an issue with the hot water funtionality. This is certainly not a typical problem and Im so sorry it was not handled in a more expedient and professional maner. I assure you we have met with our staff and stressed the importance of better problem resoltion for our guests on an immediate need basis. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an excellent value for all our guests. Again my sincerest aplogies for this. Please feel free to give us a call here at the hotel and ask for a member of management so that we may make things right for you. We hope that you will giveus another chance to show you our re-doubled efforts at providing excellent service to all our guests. Thank you again and we sincerely hope to see you on a future stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Due to some random personal events that took place March 10th, I was left at 8:00 p.m. with no where to go and my dog as my only companion. Being a local resident here in South San Jose I was familiar with the Extended Stay South- Edenvale location but was not clear on the pet policies. To my surprise they gladly accommodate for people or families with pets!! They even provide a grass area and little poopy pick-up bags in case Fido needs a bathroom break. I was mostly impressed with the inviting atmosphere of the staff at Edenvale-South...Tommy the on-site manager is amazing and his staff members seem to be taking on the same outstanding level of service. Needless to say I am still currently at Edenvale South and most likely will remain here until my personal things get back on track. I will continue to refer my friends, and family to Extended Stay locations for whatever reason a hotel may be needed.

Did I mention the free wifi, fully loaded kitchen(pots, pans, microwave, oven, dish rack, silverware, towels, and coffee-pot) free daily breakfast, on-site laundry services, a gym, and a swimming pool?

If you stay anywhere else you are selling yourself short and most likely paying way to much. Take it from experience---This is for the moment my home away from home and I very pleased with the service I have received all the way around.

Room Tip: Perfect for all reasons whether a quick or night or an "extended stay" :-)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale. I am so glad to hear that we were able to be there for you when you needed a place to stay with your family pet. We are indeed a pet friendly hotel and we look to provide clean comfortable accommodations for all our guests whether for a single night or a long length of stay. We will pass on your thanks to Tommy and his staff for a job well done for being so kind and welcoming to you and all our guests. Our mission is to provide the best accommodations coupled with excellent guest service time after time. We are very grateful that you took a moment to let us know of your great experience with us. We hope that you will come to see us again whether at this location or that of any of our other 680 locations nationwide. You can expect the same great service in any city you travel to with and Extended Stay America Hotel. Thank you again for your great review. See you soon!
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

So this is the second Extended Stay America I've stay at in San Jose. Again, I was pretty disappointed by the quality of the rooms. I will say they were painting and renovating the outside to make it looks a little nicer. But it was just a disappoint hotel. My toilet was ugly (paint chipping, not very clean in the bowl), no hair dryer in the room (got one at the front desk though, so points there I suppose) and no filter on the water faucet, as was advertised by a magnet on the fridge. There were stains on the walls, the chairs remote control.

Bed wasn't bad, flat screen TV is a nice touch. But honestly, I wouldn't pick this place for business again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - South, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose South. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable. We are in the process of not only painting and renovating the exterior but the interior as well for all our guests comfort. I sincerely apologize that your room was not as expected. I assure you we take great pride in making sure all our guest rooms are cleaned and inspected by a manager prior to a guest checking in and it is with regret that we missed the mark with your room. We will be sure to take your comments and coach our staff in the importance of ensuring clean, fresh, comfortable rooms each and every stay. We do hope that you will give us another chance to win back your business, please do not hesitate to give me a call at the hotel should your travels bring you back to our area and I would be happy to handle all your reservations for you. With sincere apologies the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose South.
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This was surprising. I usually hate these places but this one wasn't too bad. The normal extended stay room. The beds was like a rock (same as all other extended stay hotels). The workout room is almost non-existent... A shame.
There is good access to food in the area and the surrounding scenery is pretty.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - South, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe San Jose - South - Edenvale. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations and the surrounding area. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us.

We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.