Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
White House Inn(San Jose)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The service is horrible!!! People were smoking marijuana across the hall and we called front desk and they said there's nothing they can do about it except to spray the hallway. We were there for a hockey tournament so we basically stayed in all the rooms on the first and second floor and we can ALL smell it. After complaining they said we were the only ones that could smell it! Save the hassle people and find a better hotel cuz this place SUCKS!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy K
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - South, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale. Please let me apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. Please let me assure you that our hotels follow strict guidelines of not allowing any type of controlled substance within our hotels at any time. I am also very sorry to hear that the staff was not as helpful as they could possibly have been during your stay. I assure you we will meet with each of them personally to ensure that they are following our policies and procedures with regards to complete guest satisfaction each stay. We pride ourselves on providing superior service coupled with a great value; it looks like we missed the mark on your stay. For that I am truly sorry. We do hope that you will give us another chance to earn your business and visit us again at any of our many San Jose locations or that of any of our other over 680 locations nationwide. Again, we sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

have never been so disgusted! It was late, I was exhausted, pulled down comforter to get in bed and there were unlaundered blood stains on the underside, so then I pulled the sheets back to check mattress and there were other body fluids On mattress pad. All obviously never laundered. I noticed stains on the couch and hate to think what those were. Pretty much horrifying! It was after 11pm, so the best I decided to just change rooms, but I seriously considered getting dressed, packing up and finding another hotel, which I should have done. Even after pulling sheets back to check mattress, pulling pillow slips to check pillows and thoroughly checking everything in the 2nd room, it was VERY hard to feel comfortable here. Don't think I'll ever stay at an Extended Stay hotel. A lesser problem was first room didn't have a properly working A/C heater, second room's didn't work at all, the hallway carpets from front desk to rooms had large stains all over, the 2nd room had sone kind of dirty splatter on bathroom wall, stains on carpet and couch.
The front desk person who did check in was nice, and apologetic to the situation, but that wasnt enough to help me feel comfortable here.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank DeFitz
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - South, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay San Jose - South - Edenvale. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the totally unacceptable condition of the bed in your suite. Please know that we do have strict quality control standards at this hotel and others in our chain. In addition, linens are always replaced with clean, fresh bedding, and we inspect each room prior to making it available to our guests. I’ve personally met with our hotel manager and staff and brought all your comments and concerns to their attention for immediate action.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Edenvale Extended Stay America for the past two months as transitional housing while relocating, and I was impressed from the moment I was greeted with an eager-to-help smile at the front desk.

My room and housekeeping were equally amazing, and the staff have continued to impress me with their eagerness to assist and to be accommodating in any way they can.

I know that I will still be buying a home here soon, but I also know that I will miss my current residence and all of the people who have made my stay at the Edenvale Extended Stay America so very comfortable.

Like I said in the subject of this review, I can't imagine why people still rent apartments with the availability of superior alternatives like the Extended Stay America in Edenvale.

It even makes me smile to think that I am kicking back on my comfy, leather recliner and smiling with eyes twinkling as I write this review in an effort to try to thank those who truly deserve it for helping to make my stay so special. :D

• Stayed: October 2012
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - South, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

We would like to take a moment and thank you so much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Jose South. It is our pleasure to provide awesome service to each guest, each stay, each day. We do whatever is necessary to provide clean, comfortable rooms at a great value. I am so glad that you have found us to be your home away from home and that our staff has been so accommodating during your stay with us. This is what we consider to be our Mission and pledge to you as our valued guest. We hope that you will continue to stay with Extended Stay Hotels whenever possible in your travels. We have over 680 locations nationwide to serve you. Thank you again for your great review. The Management at Extended Stay America San Jose South

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stains in our room, elevator, stairs and hallway. Dog waste on the hallway. Changed the room twice but these rooms weren't any better. Finaly I cleaned up the room. Unfortunately moving to another hotel was not an option.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 15Frieda15
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - South, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America San Jose - South - Edenvale. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests and that our guest common areas are cleaned several times daily. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve immediately. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page or call us directly here at the hotel. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Got this hotel for $65 on Hotwire. The rooms were very clean and everything was nicer than I expected. I always look at tripadvisor before staying at a hotel. After I found out Hotwire had put me there, I was fearful once I saw the reviews. But our room was clean, comfortable, and smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable and the AC was very powerful and quiet.

There is one thing that concerns me about the hotel and their manager. I noticed that in July a reviewer mentioned that two dryers did not work. In the comment below the review, the manager assured everyone that this was fixed. Imagine my surprise when I visited to find the same two dryers broken, almost 4 months after they were fixed. According to the front desk clerk, they have never been fixed. This lack of truthfulness troubles me. My one night stay was very good, but if I had to stay long term, I would ask more questions and ask to see my room before paying. I would be more apt to trust my eyes than the assurances of management.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank disneyworldnerd

I would like to thank you for you review of the Extended Stay America Edenvale South. I am so glad that you enjoyed your room and that the staff was accommodating to you during your stay this is what we are all about, guest satisfaction stay after stay. I would also like to address the Dryer issue; the dryers were in fact repaired back in July and have since had further issues. We indeed are in the midst of repairing them again and I want to apologize that you experienced this during your stay. We take all maintenance issues very seriously and work quickly with our outside vendors to get the necessary repairs done quickly as to minimize guest impact. I assure you that every member of management is very mindful of making sure our guests have a great experience each stay and that we do indeed get the necessary repairs to equipment as quick as possible. We appreciate when guests bring to our attention specific challenges they have faced as this allows us to know where we may be able to focus our attention so that we do not repeat these issues in the future. Thank you again for your review and we hope that you will return to see us in the future should your travels bring you to our area again. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Edenvale South.