“Front Desk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rose Garden

Hotel Rose Garden
Ranked #47 of 74 Hotels in San Jose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
PORTLAND
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was so disappointed by our stay. From the moment I stepped into the lobby I was thinking it was a mistake to stay there. The staff was incredibly rude, making check in painful and frustrating. They didnt improve throughout the visit. Everything at this hotel that could be a little off certainly was. The pool was freezing, making it impossible for the kids to swim (a huge disappointment as they loved the super 8 pool up in Vancouver), the bathroom out of order, parking a nightmare, and breakfast lacking in every way. I have enjoyed Super 8 hotels previously, but Im not sure if I would do it again after this trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank ERIN W
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a great little spot in San Jose. It is a court yard style two story hotel with a pool in the middle. The doors all face the court yard. Nice tall palms, well maintained bushes, pool area was clean and tidy. The room was neat and clean with one of my favorite features, a separate bathroom and vanity area so one person can be in the bathroom and another getting ready. Comfortable beds, adequate HVAC that was fairly quiet.

The only gripes I have area fairly minor but can be easily rectified, the vending machines were not well stocked, the staff are not friendly, the breakfast buffet was just boring pastries, toast, two cereals, coffee and juice. Also, we had a visitor a few times during our visit, seems an opossum lives at the property as well, he/she passed by our room from time to time.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have a lot of luggage, grab a downstairs room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Paradise, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

If I could rate this place a 1/2 star I would. The only good thing about the ENTIRE place was the pool and lack of guests. THe lack of guests must have been due to the terrible room accomodations. It was dirts, the walls were paper thin and it stunk. When we pulled up to the hotel there were police cars there and caution tape was taped around a room. I would not have stayed here if we hadnt already paid and couldn't get a refund. We were in town to see Nickelback at the HP Pavillion. Never EVER will I stay at a Super 8. EWWWW.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stephanie p

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Lake Hughes, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I like the general location of the this hotel, its only a short drive to down town S.J. where the night life is great. As far as the hotel itself, I like that each room I have stayed in is very large. I always come back to this super 8 whenever I'm working in San Jose. The staff is are good people, especially Avez who works behind the counter and was very helpful. The rooms have always seemed clean in my opinion and i would say its definitely one of the better super 8's Ive stayed in. Im always on the road on business and constantly staying at this chain so this hotel in particular is definitely one of the better super 8's. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Valley Village
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Super 8 Motel located at 1860 The Alameda in San Jose CA is a quaint and in-expensive place to stay. The convenience of a Mexican restaurant attached to the Motel makes your stay pleasurable and easy, especially if there is a family with children. Jeff the present Manager is most amiable and helpful in every way. It is small warm and makes you fell at home.
Thank You Jeff, I will always return.
Dr. SallyAnna Sargent

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We booked anonymously last minute on hotwire and checked in around midnight. We needed an inexpensive place around San Jose, nothing fancy, just a basic, clean room for the night. Our impressions:

- FILTHY: Our "non-smoking room" stank like a bar and had cig burns in the comforter. The bedding and towels also reeked, we had to use our t shirts as pillow cases. My white socks were showing dirt just from walking on the carpet. I'd hate to see what a blacklight would reveal.

- UNSAFE: I know prostitutes when I see them, and there were a few working the parking lot. And some dudes were really watching us closely and if they weren't gang members, they sure looked the part. I know it sounds judgmental, but that was the reality.

- LOUD: There was some thumping bass music that could be heard all throughout the hotel courtyard, and very loud in our room. It could not be drowned out no matter how much white noise we had on. The front desk clerk said he'd "look into it" but it went on another hour well after 2 am. THEN at 5:30 we were awakened by some unexplained thumping (not rhythmic enough to be coitus) and could not go back to sleep.

- BAD SERVICE: The front desk clerk was a cliche for every sleazy hotel worker you've ever seen in a movie. Rude and CREEPY to the max.

This place should be condemned. Worst $80 I've ever spent, we should've just slept in the rental car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple