“Life Saver!”

Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
South Gate, California
“Life Saver!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had a very good experience at this hotel. Avez in the front office was very helpful. My 3 sisters and I traveled all night from Los Angeles to San Jose for my nephews graduation and were desperate to get some rest, since we had to drive back to Santa Cruz. Avez made it possible to get our room ready earlier than regular check in time. We were very pleased with the room. It was spacious and clean. Also, its close to the freeway, which is always nice. The price was not too bad, considering what other hotels around the area were charging. I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed here for a week while I was looking for an apartment. As there is a lot of business in the area during the work week it was often hard to find a hotel with vacancy. The availability of rooms here would suggest that the hotel is of lower quality than the ones that were continually booked, but that's just not the case. I never had trouble finding a room, the place was clean and quiet. Plenty of parking, TV and fridges in the rooms. It was also a good value. Avez at the front desk was incredibly helpful and cordial. I would stay here again, no questions asked.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

This Super 8 Motel has a good central location in San Jose. It has a well-kept courtyard with a sizeable pool that my daughter and I liked to swim in. The service at the front desk was also very hospitable. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Points to consider
Room smelled old and dirty
Dirty marks all over the walls and doors
Creepy people standing outside their doors watching new guests
Out dated everything
Rude service
Breakfast is cereal, Orange juice, coffee, Apple juice (not worth it)
Even the reception area is dirty
I felt in welcomed and a little scared to leave my window open

I made a reservation online for a room with 3 beds, it was my friends b day celebration. Max occupancy 6, yay there's 6 of us. Before we even left to san Jose I called to ask for additional charges that may not be noted online and was told none except long distance calls. As I am walking around the mall the man who works at the front desk was calling me and asking when I'm going to check in, hey guy relax ill be there, I thought. Very unprofessional in my view. We get there and he sees it is six friends and adds 25 more dollars! He could tell I was irritated so he dropped his addition to 10, and then added a 30 dollar deposit! He asked us if we were throwing a party and I said do we look like it? He pointed to a friend and said she does she looks like she parties allot. Ok, rude again. We pay in cash and he makes a few more rude comments, I leave to the room and he threatens to call the police if he hears any party, come on! The room was smelly, out dated, clean sheets, bedding, bathroom but the walls were nasty and is needing a good painting, the entire motel should be painted. We brushed off the greeting and had a good time. I ended up needing to call the office because people were lurking the halls cussing at 12 am. The next morning he told us goid job on not having a party and I lectured him on profiling and judging. He said he will try to not do that in the future but NONE of us will ever stay there again! Skip that place and stay else where! You have been warned.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank bellasarita81

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Arleta Cal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Avez , Has worked very hard to make sure that my stay is a plesent one. Avez make sure that my room is clean and ready for me when i get in to town every week. This motel is a nice quite
place to rest when one is away from home. Jeff and Avez are a great Team.

Thank you Guys.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Victorville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

My Husband and I happened across the Super 8 Motel while we were in San Jose. I can't say enough about the service that we received. Avez, at the front desk was very kind and helpful. The price was reasonable and the room was lovely. We found the room to be much larger than expected and very clean. Only thing it didn't have, was a coffee machine in the room. But we were able to get coffee with our continental breakfast in the morning. I highly recommend this Motel to anyone looking for a good night sleep and great customer service. Next time we are in the area, this will be the only place that we stay. Thanks, Treva

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stay here at least 5 nights a month. Always reasonably priced, no upcharge for local events. Rooms are clean and huge for the price. Always quiet too. The manager Jeff always handles any issues you might have, if you ask. I prefer this hotel over the others for service and price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business