“Great place to Stay at cheaper price in silicon valley”
Review of Hotel Rose Garden

Hotel Rose Garden
Ranked #55 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Los Angeles
“Great place to Stay at cheaper price in silicon valley”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Everything about this hotel is great, from check in to check out. The staff is very friendly & professional. Rooms are very clean and spacious. I enjoy the exterior of the rooms specially swimming pool and garden courtyard. WiFi connection was excellent.Great hotel at cheap price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rahul M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Chico, California
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Worst Place EVER !!!!!!!!! Check in time is 2, at 2 they tried to charge me an "early check in fee" ! I threw a fit, they finally checked me into a room, charged my card, THEN told me the room was still dirty and I could have it in 1 to 2 hours!!!!! Once I finally got the room, there was hair on the sink and a blue pill on the carpet by the bed!
Never stay here !!! Ever !!!! When I called the management to complain, He called me a Liar and told me his computer has me checked in at 11:30! I am still trying to complain to parent company, but they seem to think that this super 8 is not even part of there chain! Very fishy!!!!!
Never stay here!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank gnobodyhome

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Reviewed January 9, 2012

There was a very large spot on the sheet. I hope it was a stain and not leftover from the last guest. We took the sheet off for the night. We left it on the floor with a note requesting that the sheets be changed. When we got back, the bed was remade with the same sheets. When we went down to the lobby on the first morning for the continental breakfast, the clerk was listening to music containing a lot of profanity. After I made comments about hurrying because of the language in the songs, the front desk clerk asked if the music was okay. I told him no. At first he said he would turn it off, then after a few more minutes of music he said he would turn it down. He never did either. I would have to say this is the worst hotel that I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank shell345
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Jeff went above and beyond!! I live in Eugene, OR. My 20 year old son and his friend were driving down to go to a concert at the HP Pavillion. Jeff helped me set up authorization forms, credit card forms...above all he did this all with a smile in his voice! He then sent me an e-mail telling me to tell my son if he needs anything!! He would be able to help! I really appreciate all of his warmth and his compassion. I feel so much better that my son is not alone. Jeff..Thank you!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Seabeck, Washington
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Made a reservation through Hotwire for three people. When we arrived they announced we would have to pat extra for two beds. I explained that is why we booked for three. I even had Hotwire call them and they refused to house us, even after we had paid for the room. I got a refund and moved to a much nicer hotel down the road. They are awful people just looking to rip off every poor sap they run into.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else is your only hope
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ckraining
Sacramento
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Dirty, old bad service. I have to stay in the South Bay for work during the week and I thought this place would be a good option because of price. I'd rather sleep in my car. I slept on top of the bedding - that's how nasty it was (and I'm not picky). The service was also terrible rude, rude, rude. I will NEVER stay here again. - A King

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Asha K
tonkry
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We booked a stay at this hotel under the recommendation of the Winchester Mystery House Tours. While our room looked clean, it smelled of raid. We went to dinner and returned late. Fell asleep and found bugs crawling on us a couple hours later.I cannot emphasize our disgust.
The manager at first tried to say he has never had this happen before, but I was beyond ticked off and I think he knew better. He apologized and offered another room. He admitted that some of his rooms are being treated and he was told this was already taken care of.
Then he offered me 25% off the price, I was unmoved. Told him that was unacceptable. He countered with 50% - I told him the health department will be called. He gave me my room for free.

I will never stay here again. My family and I did not deserve to experience this horrible event. I do not understand the lack of care.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family