“A fantastic stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino

You added Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4241 Moorpark Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129 (Formerly Moorpark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersBronze level
stockton on tees
“A fantastic stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

A wonderful experience staying at the Moorpark. The room was clean, comfortable and stylish.
The bed was extremely comfortable with crisp white linen, and I slept extremely well during my week's stay. The hotel bar was cosy and all the bartenders were attentive and friendly. The only problems I encountered were with the wifi service which was a bit hit and miss sometimes.
I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Quick getaway for the weekend and I can't be happier. Found a great Hotwire rate of $105 for a Club Room that comes with free breakfast, minibar credit, and mouth watering cookies. The restaurant was closed but the bar was open for a few cocktails/drinks.

Great stay so far and will be back soon!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Thank you, Moorpark! It was a great stay. Just the one night but we'll be back.

Very clean rooms, AMAZING beds and pillows (and I am VERY picky about pillows), and we had a great night's sleep here. The hotel is located in a clean and convenient part of town. Quite close to freeway access and dining. We were given a room on the second floor and it overlooked the parking lot which was fine for us because we could see the car. We slept with the window thrown open (I LOVE hotels that have windows that open) and we could definitely hear the traffic rushing by on the freeway but we also ran the fan so it all melted into white noise.

There is no continental breakfast, which was unfortunate and which we enjoyed in our last stay in a Joie de Vivre hotel, so that was a disappointment but they do have a small restaurant you can dine in for breakfast or dinner. The hotel was quiet except for the road noise.

The property looked updated and newer, inside and out, which was very nice. Tastefully decorated and welcoming.

Room Tip: If you are noise sensitive, ask for a room on the opposite side of the parking lot. You will be ove...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed at the Moorpark for a couple of nights and was pleased with our experience. It wasn't perfect but overall we found the room comfortable, quiet and conveniently located just off the freeway with ample free parking. Although the price was on par with a couple of downtown hotels we found deals for the free parking and ease of access helped make up our mind.

The only issues we encountered were:

1. Although the checkout time is noon our card deactivated at about 11am both days. The first day we were due to check out but ended up adding another day. The desk staff blamed it on random demagnetizing of our card but we knew that wasn't the case because the second day we were out at the pool and couldn't get back in. I was able to get back to the pool area which had a reader on it - worked fine. I ended up having to sneak back in through an open door in the bar (which was closed) otherwise I would have had to call the front desk and ask to be let back in (fortunately I had my phone but didn't need it).

2. One of the hand rails in the hot tub was loose, could be dangerous but thankfully wasn't an issue. The tub could have been a few degrees warmer but was good enough.

3. The bar closed at 10pm which wasn't convenient for a nightcap after returning from downtown, so we ended up going over to Applebees across the parking lot.

Other than that I was pleased and would return again if the price was about the same (we paid $110 a night).

Room Tip: Second floor was good for us. Third floor is for club level rooms only I think.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was a little skeptical of this place when I made my reservation; it's old, in an older neighborhood and only 3 stories but I was very pleasantly surprised. Conveniently located at the Saratoga Blvd. exit of 280 with two restaurants and a gas station on the same corner it gives easy access to your destinations. The lobby is comfortable, the staff accommodating. It's changed ownership recently and the new owner is working hard to bring back local business in the bar/restaurant with a consistent happy hour and great food. The bar tender will become your best friend - he knows his drinks, knows the area and tells a great story. Breakfast buffet is served in the bar area in the morning with your typical fare - eggs, sausages and bacon, pancakes, breads & pastries, fresh fruit and such. The lounge area of the bar overlooks the pool and spa and the cabanas which would be great in the summer heat.

The gym was small but adequate with treadmills, elipticals, cycles and a stairmaster. Free weights are also provided.

The room was great! The entry was larger than many homes. Ceilings are 9' adding to the spacious feel. The window had a plantation shutter instead of the typical drapes. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was over 50 square feet with a large granite counter.

I could go on and on. The third floor is their 'executive' floor that requires your room key to access. The hotel provides fresh fruit all day and cookies and milk at night on this floor. The second floor has a billiard table. How cool is that?

The price appeared to be less than the chain hotels in the area and it's definitely a great place to stay.

The only downside for me was the road noise. I'm a light sleeper and heard traffic all night (or so it seemed). There may be quieter rooms, I didn't ask.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a quiet room - the hotel is at the freeway exit onto a busy boul...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

My daughters and I stayed here when touring SCU. Right across the street from Mitsuwa (a nice big asian market). Also in same complex with Tony Roma's and Applebee's. Rooms were clean, well appointed and roomy. The only downside was the noisy heater/air conditioner unit that would switch on and off rather loudly. We didn't opt for the "upgraded" rooms with breakfast- happy to make short drive to Bijan Bakery (Kiely & Saratoga Av) for croissants, bagels and coffee. Right off of Interstate 280 and easy to get to Santana Row and Westfield Shopping. Friendly Ali checked us in and even called our room to make sure all was okay! Enjoyed takeout from one of the restaurants in Mitsuwa. Will definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again as it was less expensive than all of the comparable hotels I could find with 2 queen beds in this area!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jo B
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was looking for a room with two queen beds for my dad & sister for $120 or under in the Campbell/West San Jose area and had a difficult time until I found the Moorpark Hotel. Good location near freeway access, restaurants, and shopping. Price met my budget & it had two queen bed rooms!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
#17 of 74 in San Jose
4.0 of 5 stars 911 reviews
Larkspur Landing Campbell
TownePlace Suites San Jose Santa Clara

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino? Share your experiences!