I stayed at the Moorpark for a couple of nights and was pleased with our experience. It wasn't perfect but overall we found the room comfortable, quiet and conveniently located just off the freeway with ample free parking. Although the price was on par with a couple of downtown hotels we found deals for the free parking and ease of access helped make up our mind.
The only issues we encountered were:
1. Although the checkout time is noon our card deactivated at about 11am both days. The first day we were due to check out but ended up adding another day. The desk staff blamed it on random demagnetizing of our card but we knew that wasn't the case because the second day we were out at the pool and couldn't get back in. I was able to get back to the pool area which had a reader on it - worked fine. I ended up having to sneak back in through an open door in the bar (which was closed) otherwise I would have had to call the front desk and ask to be let back in (fortunately I had my phone but didn't need it).
2. One of the hand rails in the hot tub was loose, could be dangerous but thankfully wasn't an issue. The tub could have been a few degrees warmer but was good enough.
3. The bar closed at 10pm which wasn't convenient for a nightcap after returning from downtown, so we ended up going over to Applebees across the parking lot.
Other than that I was pleased and would return again if the price was about the same (we paid $110 a night).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Energy flows and personalities mingle in a setting that combines urban-influenced design, accessible technology, and a social scene that’s always abuzz. Get in the know at our in-touch terminals—easy breezy Internet access to help you find local information and access your email. It’s all at your fingertips and easy to print. Make your way to our business center when you need to work or just chat with colleagues. Plus, you can always stay connected with hotel-wide wired and wireless High Speed Internet Access! Sprint, stretch, lift, sweat—day or night. Recharge on your own timetable at re:charge(SM), our 24/7 gym. Midnight marathoners and energetic early risers will find all the tools for their favorite fitness fix. Jump in and revive! Our splash outdoor pool is just the thing for a quick dip or relaxing respite. Open from morning to night, it’s the perfect aqua escape for any time of day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Aloft San Jose Cupertino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorpark Hotel San Jose
- Moorpark San Jose