“Very Pleasant Experience”

Aloft San Jose Cupertino
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had a quick business trip to San Jose and the conference hotel was The Fairmont, which was beautiful but a bit too expensive. I used Hotwire to book a 4 star hotel in the San Jose area and, frankly, was hoping for a "chain" property such as Marriott or Hilton. However, when the Moorpark Hotel was confirmed, I quickly took a look at the reviews and felt very comfortable with my purchase. My actual experience at the hotel was flawless. The rooms were impeccably clean, as were the common areas, the lobby was beautiful, and the entire hotel was done in a California craftsman style with solid wood trim and doors throughout. The staff was so helpful and kind, particularly Matt, who I believe works in the mornings. I was in the process of signing a contract to have my house re-rooved, so the front desk was kind enough to print the contract, let me sign it, and they scanned it and emailed it back to me. So, I was able to conduct business from 2,800 miles away due to their high attention to customer service. If I ever return to San Jose, this hotel, even though it's about a 15 minute drive to downtown, would most certainly be my first choice. Excellent property all-around.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MoorparkSanJose, General Manager at Aloft San Jose Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hello,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel and for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

At your service,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Loved our stay here! It was very close to Santana Row and easily one of the best hotels in the area due to price and comparison of where we looked to stay. Service was great too! We stayed midweek and it was nice and quiet. Loved our room on the third floor as well as the underground parking.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are club level, we loved our room but aren't sure what to compare it against t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Hello,

Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed our hotel and your time with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I travel to the bay area regularly on business and I try to always stay here. It's a very nice, quiet and comfortable hotel. I have a corporate rate which includes a free breakfast. The rooms are always clean and quiet. The staff is friendly and has always accommodated me. The breakfast is great... hot food and lots of it.

The location is perfect... right off the interstate and there are two nice restaurants and a gas station that share the parking lot.

Enjoy,,,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team as I know they will appreciate receiving your feedback as well. I am glad we met your expectations during your visit with us.

At your service,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Decent hotel near the Santa Clara Univ. Good mattress but hard pillows. The window AC has a "constant fan" setting if you're concerned about traffic noise. Excellent breakfast buffet. Very attentive staff. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a second floor (top floor), corner room so very little chance of noise from other guests.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel, its a step above an Embassy Suites type hotel, but below a Hyatt. Its casual chic, travertine in the bathrooms, nice sheets, no room service but free wi-fi. Small restaurant/bar served very basic buffet breakfast (no eggs, toast, etc.) with mostly fruit and pre-made pastry items was $10.99pp. I did not visit it in the evening. There is a small pool area with patio you can enjoy a drink on at sunset and a nice little gym, there's also free underground parking garage and a tony romas and Applebees share the same parking lot. We visited Santana Row alot during this trip and the location was great, very short drive there where there is tons of restaurants, shopping and movie theaters. We also visited The Rosicrucian Egyptian museum, Palo Alto and Stanford this weekend and found getting around very easy. All around, I loved this hotel and would recommend. With kids its kinda fun because you can play on the pool tables in the common rooms on each floor, hang out and read and have an apple.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Close to lots of Silicon Valley businesses and highways, which turned out to be a double edged sword. Unfortunately, hallways had just been painted, so their was a petro smell. I like fresh air but when I did open it was like the Indy...so much highway noise, and I could hear the kids in the pool, even though I wasn't on the ground floor. The room credit for snacks was nice, but the breakfast, though plentiful, was just meh. Nearby restaurants were family type chains that I avoid.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank SRSvacation
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed there in Jan 2013 for 3 nights. Travelled with my wife & a 2-yr-old. Got a special deal for the "club king room" on 3rd floor on internet, much cheaper than same level hotels ~San Jose. you can tell this is an old building by the pipelines and arrangements of A/C, shower room, etc, but all facilities are maintained very well, and the hotel is finely renovated. My reservation did not include breakfast ($12/person) but they still made it complimentary to our family -- good value. Checked in @midnight, the lady @frontdesk was very nice, and got milk for our baby to save us the trouble shopping outside. There's a nice pool with Bali-style settings & Jacuzzi, never got time to try it, but ppl inside there looked very happy. Last but not least -- the room itself, it's super clean, very simple style but elegant -- just my style! nothing in the room is brand new or fancy (probably only the LCD TV) but ALL worked pretty well. The internet speed could be slow sometimes, but sufficient for regular emails / yelping, etc.
one more + for this hotel -- they offer "honor bar" in room. you check the list of what you take away and pay @frontdesk. Not like many hotels in Las Vegas, they don't have the stupid sensors on bar that charges you dozens of things with only a little shake or touch -- thus "honor" bar.
highly recommend and will stay again.

Room Tip: recommend 3rd level "club". better privacy, serves milk+cookies 8pm everyday, has its own...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Hotel De Anza
#10 of 75 in San Jose
TownePlace Suites San Jose Cupertino
Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino

Been to Aloft San Jose Cupertino? Share your experiences!