“Less Expensive than Santana Row, and Nearby!” 4 of 5 stars

Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Less Expensive than Santana Row, and Nearby!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a quaint, well decorated and clean boutique hotel. The bed and pillow was so comfortable I think I may have had my best hotel sleep ever. A short drive gets you to Santana Row (plenty of parking there). Free internet and parking. A little to cool in January to hang out at the pool, but we had a look at it and it looked very inviting with private cabanas.We would go back!

Room Tip: We were facing Tony Roma's and heard no noise at all. great soundproofing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed a few times with the Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotels and we always made good experience. So we decided to book it for our trip to San Jose.
Is convenient located close to a freeway, which you cant hear at night.
The rooms are big enough, I liked the table on each floor for playing cards or other games.
The lobby is nice, the breakfast very fresh - many fruits (good once, that you can really eat!), grapefruits, oranges, different melons, miso soup, rice, bagels, eggs etc.
Service is really, really nice. I was worried that the room may be to loud, since it faced the parking lot, but it was ok.
Simple, nice service, Good value.

Room Tip: There is only one IO think facing the pool...that should be a good one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was at the Moorpark Hotel for two nights for an interview with a local company. The company paid for the hotel, so I cannot comment on value. I found the accomodations to be more than adequate. The room was quite spacious, and though it was close to the elevator and next to the stairs, I heard not a peep of noise from anyone during my stay. The check-in clerk was friendly and efficient, and was able to give me directions to find the things I needed. The room had a spacious closet, an honor bar, and a Keurig machine which made acceptable coffee. Each room also comes with an iron, ironing board, and hair dryer. The beds were outfitted with white sheets and a white duvet cover, plus four pillows of varying firmness, and I slept quite well. The bathrooms were a bit underwhelming compared to the rest of the room, and though they were perfectly functional, I did find it odd that there was no exhaust whatsoever. So if you take a stinky poop in your bathroom, it is going to stick around. I have no idea how they avoid mold in such a bathroom, but I didn't see any in mine. I did not partake of the daily breakfast buffet, as I had neither the time nor the inclination, but they did appear to have cookies if you were in the lobby at the right time, and the pool looked very nice, though it was too cold for me to go for a swim. If you're at all into Japanese culture, then you must head over to the Mitsuwa Marketplace across the street. It is a Japanese market which sells mostly groceries, but also Japanese pastries, toiletries, housewares, plus sake and plum wine. I got some green tea and sake with gold flakes in it for my husband for Christmas, both of which were a hit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel on a recent business trip. The hotel is very nice and conveniently located. The room was clean and relatively quiet. I would not recomment the restaurant, as the service does not appear to be very prompt.

Room Tip: This hotel is relatively small, so a room above the first floor is a wise choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a fantasic hotel for business or personal stays in the San Jose area. It's small a quaint, the staff treats you like part of the family. The rooms are spacious, clean and up to date. The bar and resturant are small, food and service are excellent. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a wonderful hotel. This hotel was a welcome after a long day travel up the California coast from Hearst Castle. The front desk staff was wonderful and very helpful. We got a quick way to get to the airport the next day without taking the freeway. The rooms were spacious and very nicely appointed. Great toiletries. Clean. Nice added touches. The breakfast was extensive and had a nice view of the pool. It was within walking distance to places to eat for dinner so there was no need to get into a car and drive. I love this hotel! I wish there were more reasons for me to come to San Jose. If I do, I know where I am staying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marcia J
MoorparkSanJose, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello,

On behalf of all of us at the Moorpark Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us.

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team as I know they will appreciate receiving your feedback as well. I am glad we met your expectations during your visit with us.

At your service,

Isabelle Matter
imatter@jdvhotels.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed on the 3rd floor (Club Rooms) so you got Cookies and Milk at night, free breakfast and also a 'Club Lounge' which is just a chair and a table. The only problem with this was that you needed your key card to get into the floor, this was a problem because when leaving kids to go to the toilet on the ground floor they couldn't get back up to the floor.

We had rooms facing the Parking Area and Restaurant's but never had any noise.

The breakfast was fairly limited and from what I can remember you couldn't get bacon, sausage, waffles etc but there was toast and cereal.

The pool area was very nice with a good size pool and a jacuzzi. The sort of cabins at the side were also a nice touch.

The location was good for food as there were plenty of places to eat nearby and a supermarket.

The pool table always made for a nice end to an evening and it was brilliant quality.

Also a thanks to the Moorpark staff, who gave us a little hamper to say thank you for our long stay :)

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars
MoorparkSanJose, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that we met your expectations and that our staff took good care of you. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

At your service,

#18 of 74 in San Jose
4.0 of 5 stars 921 reviews
Larkspur Landing Campbell
TownePlace Suites San Jose Santa Clara

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino? Share your experiences!