WINNER WONDERLAND

Aloft San Jose Cupertino
Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, NC
“Quite nice, and convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was at the Moorpark Hotel for two nights for an interview with a local company. The company paid for the hotel, so I cannot comment on value. I found the accomodations to be more than adequate. The room was quite spacious, and though it was close to the elevator and next to the stairs, I heard not a peep of noise from anyone during my stay. The check-in clerk was friendly and efficient, and was able to give me directions to find the things I needed. The room had a spacious closet, an honor bar, and a Keurig machine which made acceptable coffee. Each room also comes with an iron, ironing board, and hair dryer. The beds were outfitted with white sheets and a white duvet cover, plus four pillows of varying firmness, and I slept quite well. The bathrooms were a bit underwhelming compared to the rest of the room, and though they were perfectly functional, I did find it odd that there was no exhaust whatsoever. So if you take a stinky poop in your bathroom, it is going to stick around. I have no idea how they avoid mold in such a bathroom, but I didn't see any in mine. I did not partake of the daily breakfast buffet, as I had neither the time nor the inclination, but they did appear to have cookies if you were in the lobby at the right time, and the pool looked very nice, though it was too cold for me to go for a swim. If you're at all into Japanese culture, then you must head over to the Mitsuwa Marketplace across the street. It is a Japanese market which sells mostly groceries, but also Japanese pastries, toiletries, housewares, plus sake and plum wine. I got some green tea and sake with gold flakes in it for my husband for Christmas, both of which were a hit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel on a recent business trip. The hotel is very nice and conveniently located. The room was clean and relatively quiet. I would not recomment the restaurant, as the service does not appear to be very prompt.

Room Tip: This hotel is relatively small, so a room above the first floor is a wise choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a fantasic hotel for business or personal stays in the San Jose area. It's small a quaint, the staff treats you like part of the family. The rooms are spacious, clean and up to date. The bar and resturant are small, food and service are excellent. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a wonderful hotel. This hotel was a welcome after a long day travel up the California coast from Hearst Castle. The front desk staff was wonderful and very helpful. We got a quick way to get to the airport the next day without taking the freeway. The rooms were spacious and very nicely appointed. Great toiletries. Clean. Nice added touches. The breakfast was extensive and had a nice view of the pool. It was within walking distance to places to eat for dinner so there was no need to get into a car and drive. I love this hotel! I wish there were more reasons for me to come to San Jose. If I do, I know where I am staying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marcia J
MoorparkSanJose, General Manager at Aloft San Jose Cupertino, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello,

On behalf of all of us at the Moorpark Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us.

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team as I know they will appreciate receiving your feedback as well. I am glad we met your expectations during your visit with us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed on the 3rd floor (Club Rooms) so you got Cookies and Milk at night, free breakfast and also a 'Club Lounge' which is just a chair and a table. The only problem with this was that you needed your key card to get into the floor, this was a problem because when leaving kids to go to the toilet on the ground floor they couldn't get back up to the floor.

We had rooms facing the Parking Area and Restaurant's but never had any noise.

The breakfast was fairly limited and from what I can remember you couldn't get bacon, sausage, waffles etc but there was toast and cereal.

The pool area was very nice with a good size pool and a jacuzzi. The sort of cabins at the side were also a nice touch.

The location was good for food as there were plenty of places to eat nearby and a supermarket.

The pool table always made for a nice end to an evening and it was brilliant quality.

Also a thanks to the Moorpark staff, who gave us a little hamper to say thank you for our long stay :)

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MoorparkSanJose, General Manager at Aloft San Jose Cupertino, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that we met your expectations and that our staff took good care of you. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was the only "non-generic, non-chain" hotel that accomodated us during our Bay area trip last weekend (me and my wife) and it was a wonderful time. Moorpark hotel is located in a quiet part of a busy commercial area but is quietly and neatly tucked away. It shares a parking lot with Tony Roma's, and is a hop away from Applebee's (food is obviously covered), as well as 2 gas stations (we found very convienient when having to return rental car early next morning). The staff was AMAZING, every single time we passed by the lobby they made sure to say hello, and/or to acknowledge us and make sure we were ok. They also answered questions regarding where to shop, eat and visit in the area. The room was a good size for a 'standard king' , theres a couch and mini sitting area included. Theres a small but adequate business center located on the main floor, a bar that was nice but mostly shut while we were there (a sunday) a billiards/pool table as you get out of the elevator on the second floor (we were in 225), and the best part is the Pool/Hottube area. There are nice cabanas lined up beside the pool, and since the hotel was not busy by any stretch, we enjoyed the outdoor amenities to ourselves :). You're only 5 mins drive from the airport, Westfield Valley Fair mall (a must for shoppers) Downtown SJ, and Santana Row (another must for tourists). They offer a daily breakfast buffet which we never got the opportunity to try out, but it looked great. We enjoyed our one night in San Jose and Moorpark was more than accomodating ! I definitely recommend this to any couples/families looking for a quaint, botique hotel experience that's just moments from the hustle of the city, and not too far from the world-famous San Fran bay. Great times at Moorpark !

Room Tip: Second or Third floors so you can take advantage of the Pool Tables !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MDtheExplorer
Hello,

On behalf of all of us at the Moorpark Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback following your recent stay with us.

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Moorpark Hotel. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations during your visit with us.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This out is not a full service we kiss your butt style of hotel. What they do they do right or attempt to anyway! The staff is decent and can help with all of your needs. The hotel has a great pool area and a Billards table on property. This reminds me of a swanky Hugh Hefner kind of place without all of the women. I suggest hitting the bar as the prices are okay but it is always empty.

Relax by the pool and have a martini while you soak up the rays.

• Stayed December 2011

Hilton San Jose
Hilton San Jose
#10 of 76 in San Jose
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,020 reviews

Been to Aloft San Jose Cupertino? Share your experiences!