Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North
Ranked #66 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I knew the hotel was quality, clean and safe, but the staff was wonderful and accommodating to all excluding our dogs. The relocation has been rough on my family, but Extended Stay America took the stress away! Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Tammy - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to provide you with a "home away from home". I look forward to sharing your kind words with our entire team and to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed there for one night. The place is clean, a good sized room and a stove/refridegator -- typical of two star Extended stay America. They have a big parking lot and wi-fi included in the room rate. Overall, you can stay here for a day or two for the price.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Neal - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed having WiFi, which is complimentary at all of our locations. As well, it is great to know that you liked your clean, comfortable room, especially the kitchen, as well as our parking accommodations.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I came into town for a business trip. I travel a lot, so I've seen my fair share of hotels. The room was not horrifically dirty, but the cleanliness was something to be desired. There was no worker behind the desk during the evenings, so I questioned the safety. The business I was visiting told me to change hotels, so I did. I will never come back to this location.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your (or our) expectations of cleanliness and customer service. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are double checking rooms before arrivals and also ensuring staff is visible at the front desk. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at sso@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

So this is coming from a college student's perspective so bear with me:

I moved out from Florida to San Jose for an internship over the summer and this was the most convenient location for me since I didn't have a car. The people at the front desk (Shantell and Jennifer among many others) are really nice and are willing to help people out if possible. The breakfast is considered to go and includes pre packaged muffins, coffee, oatmeal, and fruit. The internet at the hotel is a bit slow but it depends on what you need it for.. whether it's for pure business or leisure. When I checked in my room, it was very nice and clean and the staff there made sure to have everything ready by the time of my arrival. Going back to the helpful people at the front desk, one time the drying machines didn't properly dry my clothes and went to the front desk to see If I could get a refund. The person at the front desk volunteered to dry my clothes and apologized for the inconvenience. The only bad thing that I would say is the cost. For me, it was around $68 a night and because I wasn't getting paid enough (not their fault), most of my paychecks would go to the extended stay.. Overall, it is a decent place to stay and given the good customer experience, cleanliness of room, and convenient location, I would recommend it to people who need to stay there for a couple weeks.. month tops but no longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our team for providing the best possible customer service and making your stay a "home away from home" experience. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

First of all when I arrived in the lobby to check-in there was no one behind the counter. I had to walk across the lot to the other building and ask them to call the clerk, instruct him to come to the lobby to check me in. The clerk finally came and was kind enough to help with my bags. Here's is what I found in the room: Dirty appliances, soiled bedding (I requested a clean blanket and was advised there were none available), smudges on doors/cabinets,a hole in wall with wires exposed, white spatter on recliner, dirty countertops and appliances, chipped paint, a dog barking in the hallway at 1am, chewing gun stuck on carpet, dirty utensils a window with no screen and the another window that would not stay up (I used my shoe to prop it open). The "gym" consisted on three pieces of equipment and the pool was closed indefinitely. The "grab and go" breakfast consisted of a packaged muffin, apples, dried up oranges, packets of oatmeal and caffeinated coffee and packets of Sanka, and cream. Beware.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am going to meet with my team and ensure all rooms are cleaned properly moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sso@extendedstya.com . Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

the bed is too soft -- it took incredibly less than a minute for my lower back and leg begin to hurt. I stayed at the South one before and their bed seemed slightly better. This hotel provides stove and kitchen utensils, which look intended for a longer stay as the name `extended stay' suggests ... They could certainly do better in terms of beds!

Located near the junction of two highways, so it is convenient for drivers. There is a shopping plaza nearby, and in particular, there is a grocery store almost right opposite the hotel, which is very convenient for long-term guests. But the public transport is poor -- the nearest light rail station is 20 min walk away. Basically if one does not drive, he'd feel like trapped here.

Soundproofing isn't very good (which can be seen in many hotels as well) and the hot water flow isn't big enough for a pleasant shower (possibly could be due to peak hour of showering).

Reviewed May 25, 2013

It was my first stay at an ESA hotel and it will be the last.
My experience was really bad.
I booked a non-smoking room and they gave me a smoking room.
Moreover the room is not clean up daily, whereas nobody at booking time informed me about this fact.
Breakfast is only "grab & go" with a very poor choice.
Receptionists are kind but with no professionalism.
Last but not least you pay as you were in a normal hotel!
Absolutely to be avoided!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown
Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley
Residence Inn San Jose South
Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill
Best Western Lanai Garden Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North? Share your experiences!