“First and last stay at an ESA hotel!”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North
Ranked #66 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed May 25, 2013

It was my first stay at an ESA hotel and it will be the last.
My experience was really bad.
I booked a non-smoking room and they gave me a smoking room.
Moreover the room is not clean up daily, whereas nobody at booking time informed me about this fact.
Breakfast is only "grab & go" with a very poor choice.
Receptionists are kind but with no professionalism.
Last but not least you pay as you were in a normal hotel!
Absolutely to be avoided!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I would recommend this place to anyone coming visiting or living in san jose this is by far the best hotel ive ever stayed at in all of California!!! One of the best things about this place is definitely the customer service and cleanliness

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Mitchell did an awesome job making sure we had everything we needed in the room and made sure we were comfortable and now we want to come back for our next stay! I love how each room has its own kitchen. There's all the plates, cups, pots, and all the utensils you need. A good place to make myself feel at home.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Daisy,

Our many thanks for your review of Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale. I am so glad to hear that Mitchell made you feel right at home during your stay and that you will consider staying with us again on your next trip. Our commitment to great customer service and clean, comfortable rooms is what makes us the best value in town, stay after stay. We are very pleased to hear when guests have a great stay and when our staff has made them feel right at home. Thank you again for taking the time to publish such kind words about our hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

As a regular business traveler, I opted for this ESA North because it was near to a business I had to visit. Stayed here for only 3 nights but did not feel comfortable at any time. Rooms are clean, but not updated. Only found out next morning, that my window did not close (inch open), so I woke up early from the noise outside and reported at the front desk. Should be fixed by my return in the evening; but no. Got another room at the 1st floor of which the window derailed when opening; finally got a 3rd room that had no window problems.

Room Tip: Probably not in this ESA
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

We would like to thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. It is our mission to provide the best accommodations to our guests each stay. We have strict room check measures in place to ensure that this type of issue doesn’t occur, clearly we had a breakdown in that measure and I sincerely apologize. All window and door locks should always be 100% functioning in any room prior to a guest arrival. I assure you this has been corrected and will not be an issue in the future. We are also in the process of starting a complete renovation at this property that will update the rooms and guest commons. We would enjoy having you back at our hotel to show you our re-doubled efforts at making things right for you. At any time, please feel free to call the front desk and ask for a member of management and we will be happy to take care of your reservations personally. With Hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The staff were friendly but not so accomodating. When I asked for extra towels (we were playing in a hockey tournament), I was told I would need to bring my dirty ones down to the front desk to get clean ones.... huh?
I mistakenly stayed at this hotel, thinking it was the one next to it (Residence Inn - which I highly recommend).
Pillows smelled like old bed head, comforter was stained. The room was not very well stocked... sugar packs but no coffee or even package creamer. The kitchen utensils were minimal - no wine glasses - boo!
Location is good across from a grocery store and easy access to the highway.
Overall I was really disappointed and couldn't wait to get out of there - the room looked clean but the bed felt old and icky.
I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Jose - South - Edenvale. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards. In order to meet our standards, we have strict procedures which are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring: in particular, we replace linens with fresh, clean bedding and inspect all rooms prior to making them available. I take your comments very seriously, so, I have met with our hotel management and staff to prevent such a situation from occurring again. This includes the lack of our coffee amenities provided in the room. We are in the process of a complete renovation at this hotel and we are doubling our efforts to ensure complete guest satisfaction for all our guests who stay with us.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good hotel was excellent for me, If you are going for a long time or vacation. It's well located, near to all principal transportation and close to 85 and 101. The service staff was excellent all the time, Rooms were always clean on time, and they always provided nice attention.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale North. I am so pleased to hear that our hotel was conveniently located close to desired shopping and dining and that you were treated well by our staff all during your stay with us. Our mission is to provide excellent service each and every stay to all of our guests, whether you stay a single night or for long term. Maintaining a home away from home atmosphere is what we are all about. We are very thankful to you for taking the time to let everyone know of your great experience with us. We Hope that you will come stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale North.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for a long time now. I agree that there are a few things that needs to be changed, I would say this is a good hotel. The staff esp Mitchell, Samir and Veronica(the cleaning lady) do an excellent job. They are very caring, owns responsibilities and above all show commitment to their work. I am satisfied with the overall approach to the customers. Rooms are spacious, most of the cleaners do a fine job and above all, the support staff does a responsible job. On the other hand, their breakfast is not so good. It just fits to the bill of being called a BREAKFAST, a very average one on the optimistic side. Apart from that, it is a decent hotel, a good one for location and the money paid. The staff makes this place a lot more comfortable with their good service. I should say that, and A+ to Mr Mitchell.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bha22
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale. It’s great to hear that our staff made you feel so welcome during your stay with us. We will pass on your thanks as well as ours to Mitch, Samir and Veronica for their outstanding service and dedication to our guests. Our companies commitment to providing clean, comfortable rooms coupled with excellent service makes it no surprise to us that you had a great experience during your stay. We are indeed making many changes to our hotels including refreshing all our rooms and guest commons for our guest’s future enjoyment. We do hope that you will stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to the area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With many thanks the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale.