Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Lanaken, Belgium
“Not again”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

As a regular business traveler, I opted for this ESA North because it was near to a business I had to visit. Stayed here for only 3 nights but did not feel comfortable at any time. Rooms are clean, but not updated. Only found out next morning, that my window did not close (inch open), so I woke up early from the noise outside and reported at the front desk. Should be fixed by my return in the evening; but no. Got another room at the 1st floor of which the window derailed when opening; finally got a 3rd room that had no window problems.

Room Tip: Probably not in this ESA
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. It is our mission to provide the best accommodations to our guests each stay. We have strict room check measures in place to ensure that this type of issue doesn’t occur, clearly we had a breakdown in that measure and I sincerely apologize. All window and door locks should always be 100% functioning in any room prior to a guest arrival. I assure you this has been corrected and will not be an issue in the future. We are also in the process of starting a complete renovation at this property that will update the rooms and guest commons. We would enjoy having you back at our hotel to show you our re-doubled efforts at making things right for you. At any time, please feel free to call the front desk and ask for a member of management and we will be happy to take care of your reservations personally. With Hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
California
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The staff were friendly but not so accomodating. When I asked for extra towels (we were playing in a hockey tournament), I was told I would need to bring my dirty ones down to the front desk to get clean ones.... huh?
I mistakenly stayed at this hotel, thinking it was the one next to it (Residence Inn - which I highly recommend).
Pillows smelled like old bed head, comforter was stained. The room was not very well stocked... sugar packs but no coffee or even package creamer. The kitchen utensils were minimal - no wine glasses - boo!
Location is good across from a grocery store and easy access to the highway.
Overall I was really disappointed and couldn't wait to get out of there - the room looked clean but the bed felt old and icky.
I won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Jose - South - Edenvale. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards. In order to meet our standards, we have strict procedures which are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring: in particular, we replace linens with fresh, clean bedding and inspect all rooms prior to making them available. I take your comments very seriously, so, I have met with our hotel management and staff to prevent such a situation from occurring again. This includes the lack of our coffee amenities provided in the room. We are in the process of a complete renovation at this hotel and we are doubling our efforts to ensure complete guest satisfaction for all our guests who stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Santa Clara, California
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good hotel was excellent for me, If you are going for a long time or vacation. It's well located, near to all principal transportation and close to 85 and 101. The service staff was excellent all the time, Rooms were always clean on time, and they always provided nice attention.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale North. I am so pleased to hear that our hotel was conveniently located close to desired shopping and dining and that you were treated well by our staff all during your stay with us. Our mission is to provide excellent service each and every stay to all of our guests, whether you stay a single night or for long term. Maintaining a home away from home atmosphere is what we are all about. We are very thankful to you for taking the time to let everyone know of your great experience with us. We Hope that you will come stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale North.
San Jose, California
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for a long time now. I agree that there are a few things that needs to be changed, I would say this is a good hotel. The staff esp Mitchell, Samir and Veronica(the cleaning lady) do an excellent job. They are very caring, owns responsibilities and above all show commitment to their work. I am satisfied with the overall approach to the customers. Rooms are spacious, most of the cleaners do a fine job and above all, the support staff does a responsible job. On the other hand, their breakfast is not so good. It just fits to the bill of being called a BREAKFAST, a very average one on the optimistic side. Apart from that, it is a decent hotel, a good one for location and the money paid. The staff makes this place a lot more comfortable with their good service. I should say that, and A+ to Mr Mitchell.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bha22
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale. It’s great to hear that our staff made you feel so welcome during your stay with us. We will pass on your thanks as well as ours to Mitch, Samir and Veronica for their outstanding service and dedication to our guests. Our companies commitment to providing clean, comfortable rooms coupled with excellent service makes it no surprise to us that you had a great experience during your stay. We are indeed making many changes to our hotels including refreshing all our rooms and guest commons for our guest’s future enjoyment. We do hope that you will stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to the area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With many thanks the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Edenvale.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Clean rooms, very friendly staff, well maintained property at a very good value for the area.

To all of you with negative comments: obviously you had enough time to concentrate on small, unnecessary things. Do you really think somebody will read a drama-review of 20 pages?

Think positive and do not forget you are a guest only :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We would like to express our thanks for your kind review about Extended Stay America San Jose-Edenvale. We are pleased to hear that you gave us an opportunity to show you we are all about our guests comfort and satisfaction during your stay. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms at a great value stay after stay. We hope that you will continue to stay with us at this location or any of our other 680 hotels nationwide during your travels. We would be happy to have you stay with us again. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose-Edenvale.
Centereach, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here recently hoping to find a great deal. However $99 rooms are priced that way for a reason. The negatives are old dated looking rooms (although they said this was remodeled recently), mediocre cleaning and no daily room cleaning. They told me to bring my sheets down to the front desk if I wanted them changed. Really? The second floor towards the staircase has a funky smell and the place seems to attract suspicious looking people. The positive is that it is cheap, the location is great and the wifi works pretty well. This won't be on my preferred list in the future.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing guests with the amenities and service they require for an enjoyable stay at an exceptional rate. In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed. We are happy to have a member of our staff deliver fresh linen to your room if requested, I am very sorry this was not communicated to you during your stay. We are also in the process of continuing to update and refresh our hotels so that we are sure to keep up with industry standards and the expectations of our guests. This is very important to us as a hotel chain.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concerns satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Extended Stay America while waiting for our house to be remodeled. We had maid service once in 6 months and only because I requested it. We had to get our own towels and more often than not they didn't have any so we had to use stained towels from a bin they had. The bedding had holes most of the time. We had to ask for toilet paper. Their pool is not heated and the pool towels are the size of hand towels. There were three of us and we were given three plates, two forks and one knife in the room to use. The only pot and pan were burned. One of three windows had a screen, although we asked numerous times. This is definately not the hotel to go to if you have a child. They have no children television channels - except for cartoon network which changes to adult swim at 6PM which you don't want your child to watch. No Disney, No Nickeodeon, and none of good channels for adults either, but they do have Showtime so if your child changes the channels, the possibility of them finding someone having sex on tv is quite high. The hall carpets are stained, you have to empty your own garbage, and they don't even have any dressers to keep your clothes in. And for the cost, you'd think they could at least afford to pay for clean towels! Two of their dryers were broken the entire time we were here. The front desk closes at 11PM, so if you have a probem after 11PM, forget getting assistance in any way. If you are staying only for one night, this hotel would be tolerable, but if staying longer, I suggest going next door to the Residence Inn - now that hotel knows how to treat their customers, they heat their pool, and have clean towels and bedding - and with maid service!

Room Tip: Go next door to the Residence Inn.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CorporateSkirt
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America San Jose - South - Edenvale. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.