“Good for pleasure as well as business” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites San Jose Cupertino

TownePlace Suites San Jose Cupertino
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
San Jose, California
“Good for pleasure as well as business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I wanted to take my girlfriend out to one of her favorite restaurants, and I wanted us both to be able to avoid a DUI. I didn't know until I was making reservations that there was a hotel next to the restaurant. The pictures looked nice and the price was quite reasonable so I booked a room. Even though it was their smallest it was very livable with a complete compact kitchen, a generous workspace, and a very comfortable bed. I imagine most people come here on business but it certainly suited our needs perfectly. They even had champagne glasses, and we made good use of them as it was a birthday celebration. Everything was spotless and the staff was very accommodating. Next time we go to the restaurant here we will book a room, and when I travel, I will be looking for another Towneplace Suites.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Imawino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I checked into this suite last night and found it out to be good. good for people who want to cook themselves. Rooms are spacious and has dedicated desk to work as well.The location looks to a bit away from the city ( but i havent explored much so I may be wrong). Good place , if you are a business traveller and want a homly experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights while in town on business.

Rooms were not lavish, but clean and well maintained. A colleague and I shared a 2 bedroom suite; my only wish was that the floor plan included 2 baths in the suite (as I have had at Residence Inn properties). The full kitchen was a wonderful convenience during our stay. Bedding was very nice for this level property; plenty of pillows, extra blankets, and crisp sheets.

Housekeeping service was on top of daily cleanup - kudos! I enjoyed having the windows open at night. Pool was available but we did not take advantage of it - weather was chilly! No hot tub or spa available.

Breakfast options were limited at first glance, but very functional including Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, pop tarts, milk, coffee, and tea.

The location of this property was ideal for business commuting, restaurants, and local shopping.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom suites are at the end of the halls, making for easy access from exterior doors.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks. This property is clean and safe, quite adequate and consistent with the Marriott standard. It was good value for me in the Silicon Valley area, relative to comparable properties in better locations. The location was not ideal (in south-west San Jose and surrounded by car dealerships), but the price was right. On the upside, it's walking distance (about 30 min) to Santana Row with its posh overdone restaurants and shopping. The front desk staff are courteous and helpful. Stand-up, self-serve breakfast in the reception area is included and you can grab your coffee and breakfast items and eat in your suite (which I preferred). Free wi-fi works well and is fast. Suite was spacious and functional with a nice, large office desk, sitting area, and small fully equipped kitchen. The laundry facilities are convenient, clean, and easily accessible. A/C was a bit loud, but if you open the windows at night, it's not needed. Appliances were old, but clean. Overall good experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here for one month. The room was comfortable: chair and love seat, kitchenette, comfortable queen-sized bed, LARGE desk with lots of storage room. Everything in the room worked well: dishwasher, oven, stove, fridge (with ice-maker) and ample dishes, pots, cutlery, etc.. The air conditioner wasn't very loud, good water pressure, iron and decent ironing board. Always available parking.
We didn't realize until we arrived that the hotel only accepted small dogs. Our dog is a gentle, quiet, crate-trained, non-shedding boy, but mid-sized. After the manager met our dog an exception was made. There's a space at the rear of the hotel with poop bags and ample grass for a dog to relieve himself. I found most of the owners did pick up after their dogs and the area was always clean. The only negative: the fenced pool area is the only area with outside seating, and unfortunately was identified as a dog-free zone.
The coin laundry area is well maintained and they provide powder laundry soap and drier sheets. There's a computer/printer located in the lobby which helped us out tremendously many times. They offer free breakfast: cereal, yogurt, bagels, fruit, coffee, juice. Always well stocked and everything you need for a healthy start to the day.
It's the staff that truly shine here though: The staff at reception would always smile and say hello. They were quick to help us out with mail, providing change for laundry, faxing documents, and helping us use the printer. Maintenance was quick to repair a clogged bathtub drain when requested. Cleaning staff kept us well stocked with towels, dishwasher detergent, dish soap, etc. They did a good job of cleaning our room, sometimes when we were out and had left our dog in his crate in the room! Everyone we met were pleasant, helpful and professional. It really made a difference.
After leaving this hotel I realize I miss one more thing: the evening cookies at reception! I think I was addicted to those: we took many, many trips past the lobby just to peek in the window and see if the plate of cookies was out. My favorite: oatmeal raison. Mmmmm....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brea, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We recently made a reservation thru Marriott 800# to stay 1 night to visit our nephew in a nearby children’s hospital. We were on route home from a family vacation with packed van, retired guide dog, kids and all. We drove 4 hours to get there knowing the facility accepted pets; at least that's what we were told on the phone. Come check in time with Manager, she says no dogs over 25 lbs.! She wouldn't budge on the policy even though we drove 4 hours to get there and wanted to get to the hospital to see our nephew.
She kept us waiting for an hour while on the phone w/corp office trying to find an alternative hotel. Anyone with a heart would've let us stay. Worst service I've ever experienced in a hotel mgr. Their website and posted policy at location has no pet pound restrictions, obviously we reported her but never heard back from the corporate office.
We made the reservations over the phone and she kept telling me well our web site states no dogs over 25 lbs. Hello I wasn’t on her web page I made the reservations over the phone.
This was a retired guide dog give me a break, I just wanted to get to the hospital!!!!
When we returned home I was even more disgusted when I checked their local web page
“fact sheet page” it reads:
Pet Policy
• Pets allowed, non-refundable sanitation fee: 100 USD; contact hotel for details

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank 342Michael
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on business because Palo Alto hotels were either booked or too expensive, and it was a good choice. The hotel’s location is quite convenient – right off the freeway, and centrally located if you need to move around the area. As a business guest, having a 2-bedroom suite was a bit much, but I liked having the extra space – one room to sleep in, one room for my clothes, and a living room where I could work using the free internet. The décor and furniture are kind of cheap and outdated, but functional. The door to one of the bedrooms would not stay open, and the interior doors themselves are so flimsy they seem to be made out of paper.

That said, there were only two things I considered real problems with the room: there was no full-length mirror, and the refrigerator was extremely loud! I think every hotel room I have ever stayed in had a full-length mirror except this one. And the refrigerator…! It sounded like something heavy was crashing to the ground every 10 minutes or so.

The staff is fine, and the thank you note they left in the room on my last day was a nice touch. I did not try the breakfast – the description of “grab and go” did not sound appealing to me, so I skipped it.

The hotel is overall a very good value for the area, and would be perfect for a family with kids. It is a decent, if not obvious, choice for a business traveler to the Silicon Valley area looking for less expensive options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
The Row Hotel
#30 of 75 in San Jose
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Hotel Valencia - Santana Row

Been to TownePlace Suites San Jose Cupertino? Share your experiences!