“Kid friendly, adult standards”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of San Jose Marriott

San Jose Marriott
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
“Kid friendly, adult standards”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

Took my son on a quick overnight, and although I am a Hilton Diamond member, the rate here was too good to pass up: I am very glad I had the opportunity to sample this property. The entrance is elegant, clean, pleasant, and well laid-out.
My six year old was presented with a Sponge Bob backpack full of books and games. Our stay was brief, but every person we encountered was pleasant and helpful.
Two thumbs WAY up.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

This is a fantastically run full service Marriott in Downtown San Jose, CA. I stay often as a corporate pilot reporting to and between trips. The staff is superbly trained, attentive, and consistent, always know your name. Nice open business center in the large flowing lobby - is well equipped and free for guests for a initial period of time. Fun bar and restaurant, well run and friendly concierge lounge. Step right out front door for nice eclectic downtown area.Front desk handles reservation needs, problems and adjustments over phone or on site with ease and aplomb.Managing staff often in lobby- a sure sign of professional hospitality.Guest laundry center next to nice fitness center is convenient and has free soap dispensers! Always feel I'm "home away from home" at the San Jose Downtown Marriott!

Skillman, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

The San Jose Marriott makes my business travel easier, more enjoyable, and more fun. They have a great staff, and make it easier from check in to check out. From pull up to valet, to check in, to the concierge lounge, the hotel is kind, courteous, and available to help make my stay more productive and enjoyable.

Tustin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

My travels frequently take me to San Jose, CA for business. I have stayed at the few high end hotels, such as, The Fairmont and The St. Claire, but only one stands out on every possible level. That hotel is the San Jose Marriott!
The rooms are incredibly upscale, functional, clean and large. The restaurant Arcadia is the best there is in San Jose, their little lounge called Tanq is great with affordable and 5 star food, drinks and snacks. Everything about this place is "the best there is"!
But, the most impressive thing about this hotel is their staff! They literally adopt you into their world! You become part of their family, and, they stop at nothing to make sure you feel at home. Everyone, from GM to porters greet you by name! Amazing.
I am Platinum with Marriott, so I stay at a lot of their properties. This is the best in the entire chain! 5 STAR!!!!!

San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

My friend and I spent several nights at the San Jose Marriott around Christmas. We loved the location right by Christmas in the park and near everything downtown. We actually live locally, but like to get away for a 'local vacation' a couple of times a year. We came in late and a very cute black guy at the front desk checked us in. It was pretty late but the bellhop was right there to help us with our bags. The room was great and had an awesome view of downtown. We ate in Arcadia during our stay and that was fantastic too, but to be honest it is already one of our favorite restaurants downtown. Great job Marriott!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

I truly enjoyed my recent stay at the San Jose Marriott. The valet attendants were very welcoming and greeted me right when I pulled in to the entry. The Front Desk Agent, I believe her name was Ann, was very helpful and gave me some great suggestions for local restaurants and sightseeing. Christmas in the Park was awesome!!! My room was spotlessly clean. I ordered Room Service the first night and the food was well prepared and the service was excellent. Overall, it was a great stay and I look forward to my next stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

Great Location - Great Staff - Great Food - Pets are Welcome !

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family