“convention stay in San Jose”
Review of San Jose Marriott

San Jose Marriott
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baldwin Park
“convention stay in San Jose”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

a nice place to stay too bad the Sharks weren't playing hockey at this time.
great hotel comfortable bed, clean,
only complaints were older shower and fixtures, and way expensive on the daily self parking rate, and elevator is ridiculously sloooooooww

Room Tip: i would say 6th floor and above is to avoid due to slow elevator
Green Features: standard environment disclaimers. no towels on floor they want change them out
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are happy that you felt at home during your stay. We appreciate the compliments on the cleanliness of our rooms and comfortable beds as well as on our decor and parking. Your honest comments help us to maintain and improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing the San Jose Marriott, we hope to host you again, should you return for a Sharks game, business or pleasure!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were great, as you would expect from Marriott. Location was awesome. Didn't realize that they upgraded the internet service until I left but, I noted during the stay that it was awesome. No complaints!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank wcraigees
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing the San Jose Marriott! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the great rooms, our location, and the internet. We appreciate the time you have taken to share a review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had a great stay. The staff was especially attentive, and I thought everything was great. I normally don't sleep well away from home, but most nights I was able to get very comfortable and slept well. Internet was fast -- seems like lately hotels have been cutting internet speeds or charging an arm and a leg for the privilege.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for choosing the San Jose Marriott! We appreciate the time you have taken to share a review of your experience. We are glad to hear that you found the rooms to be comfortable and enjoyed the fast internet. Thank you for your positive comments on our attentive staff, as we take great pride in our guest services. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Healdsburg, California
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is a hotel which is large (26 floors), downtown and part of the convention center. Thus one expects a good business class hotel with an emphasis on efficiency and a mass market feel. But this is a mistake. Yes, the hotel runs efficiently but the standRd of service I received was far above average, from the chatty hostess at reception to the wonderful young lady who staffed the 26th floor lounge. She loved movies and we exchanged movie recommendations, shoe showed me the best view and carried some of my food to my table for me! And the food at breakfast in the club lounge was excellent. No meager buns and cereal here but grilled mushrooms, grilled veggies, sausage and scrambled eggs as well as the usual selection of breakfast items. The lounge is well run, has a great view and an outdoor roof terrace.

The rooms are spacious and recently the internet has been upgraded so is very fast and effective. I suppose one would expect this in the heart of Silicon Valley but I have not found this to be the case in other Silicon Valley hotels. The rooms are quiet and all the usual 4 star amenities are provided. But is was the friendly staff who made the difference. Altogether, this will be my choice for a downtown hotel when I am in San Jose on business.

Room Tip: I am partial to high floors but I am sure all the rooms are the same here!
Green Features: All California hotels need to start notifying guests that we have a drought and asking them voluntarily to take shorter showers, not flush every time and turn off water while shaving or brushing teeth.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of the San Jose Marriott! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our food, views, internet access, and guest rooms. We are especially pleased to know that our friendly staff helped make your stay excellent, as quality customer service is something we strive for. We really appreciate all of your kind comments regarding our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back next time business brings you to San Jose!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed for 4 days for official conference which was held just next door at San Jose Convention center. The rooms were cosy n comfortable. We had free wifi for corporate use. The rooms were quite old fashioned. Rooms of my colleagues had USB chargers when I enquired for the same I was told that they don't provide any n I need to buy one. Which was bit strange.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at the San Jose Marriott. We are happy to hear that you found our guest rooms to be cozy and comfortable and that our wifi was easily accessible for you! You may also be happy to know that our hotel will be undergoing renovations to improve the guest experience. We appreciate your honest comment about the USB chargers. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to San Jose.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you have stayed in different Marriott hotels you will no doubt agree that the hotels themselves can be very different from location to location in terms of quality and services. While I would say that Marriotts are generally of a fairly high standard and I feel comfortable booking them, I have stayed in one or two that I would try to avoid in the future. The San Jose Marriott though has to be among the best. Wide open spaces, great location, spotlessly clean, staff that just can't do enough for you and comfortable well appointed rooms.

But quality comes at a price.... I was fortunate that we booked through a bidding site and got a really good deal... There is no way that I could afford what the place is worth.. which could be another $200 on top of what I paid.

Given the location and market, I was not surprised to have to pay for all the extras... $30 for parking, $8 for internet, expensive breakfast etc etc. But this is normal for this type of hotel so I guess I shouldn't complain about that.

Bottom line... if you can afford it (prices vary wildly off course) then don't hesitate to book, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try to avoid driving here, the parking is really expensive (re:$30 per day)
Green Features: The environmental practices of the hotel are not really in-your-face, so I couldn't really comment on them. But I didn't see anything that was bad (or at least worse than any other hotel that I have stayed in).
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul C
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the San Jose Marriott! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from our location, to our outstanding staff. We appreciate your honest feedback on the value, and are glad that your stay exceeded your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, should your travels bring you back to San Jose in the future.
Fresno, California
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Fantastic location, beautiful Lobby with convenient Starbucks.
Room decor a little tired, but still clean and well maintained.
Valet parking steep at $29.00 for the day.
Hotel has onsite restaurant, very pricey!

• Stayed May 2014
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at the San Jose Marriott! We appreciate your honest feedback, both positive and negative, as it is a priceless tool in allowing us to maintain and improve the guest experience. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our location, beautiful lobby, and convenient Starbucks. You may be happy to know that our hotel will be undergoing renovations to improve the guest experience. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to San Jose.