“Great Experience”

San Jose Marriott
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Management was kind, facilities were clean and well cared for. Internet access super quick. The pool is nice, but I a bit warm and short for lap swimmers (15 meters I think). Will stay there again next time I am in San Jose.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the San Jose Marriott! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback on our clean facilities and quick internet access. We are thrilled to hear you found our management to be kind as we take pride in offering excellent customer service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have been in San Jose several times and not sure how I missed this hotel on this great location. I thought that downtown was a complicated spot to move around the Silicon Valley but I was totally wrong... everything was great, lots of cool places near by and great hotel which just went through a nice investment on their infrastructure and the internet link is not fiber so... amazing speed.. nothing more to ask...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for writing a review of the San Jose Marriott! We're happy to hear that after visiting San Jose many times, you found our hotel and had a great experience with us. We appreciate your positive feedback about our great location, nice renovations, and quick internet. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future to offer another enjoyable stay!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Of all the Marriott's I have stayed in, this was the best experience. The hotel room was clean and the wifi worked well. What made this hotel experience outstanding was the attitude of the people at the reception desk. Mabelle and Raman in particular were friendly and helpful above and beyond the call of duty making me feel very welcome and appreciated as a guest. I felt as though I was returning to visit a friend. I would definitely come again when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your review of the San Jose Marriott! We are extremely pleased to hear that you had your best Marriott experience with us on your recent business stay. Your positive feedback regarding our clean rooms and efficient WiFi are appreciated. We are especially happy to hear that Raman and Mabelle made your experience outstanding. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service so we enjoy hearing that our employees were friendly and helpful beyond your expectations and made you feel welcome and appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future and offering another great stay!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

The lobby of the hotel is nice and has been remodeled recently. The rooms are a bit dated, but in in good condition.

I am very picky about cleanliness, and the rooms were very clean.

The little market & deli in the lobby is convenient, but kind of expensive. While they say they brew starbucks coffee, they do not carry pike's place. The ham & cheese croissant is good, but it would be nice if they used a higher quality piece of cheese (looked & tasted like kraft single).

The location of this hotel is great for doing something downtime or if you are attending a convention.

The best part of this hotel is their recently upgraded internet service. Speedtest.net reported ~40mb up/down over WiFi on the 25th floor of a sold-out hotel. It was the fastest internet service I have seen at a hotel and VERY appreciated by a business traveler.

Parking is $29 with valet, or I was told I could park in a garage down the street for $10 night.

Overall I was very pleased and would stay here again.

Room Tip: A higher room has a neat view, but you can be waiting a while for the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of the San Jose Marriott. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated as it is an essential tool in helping us continuously improve the guest experience. We are pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our many amenities including the convenient market area and the fast internet service. We are happy that you found our lobby to be nice, our rooms to be clean and in good condition, and our location to be great. Thank you for staying with us for your recent business trip and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Awesome Marriott property. I travel frequently for work and thought this hotel had it all. Very welcoming and friendly staff, great pool and workout facility, and very nice rooms. Property was clean and well kept. I'd stay again and bring the family.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of the San Jose Marriott! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our great pool and workout facility, nice rooms, and clean, well kept property. Offering excellent customer service is something we continuously strive for so we are especially happy that you found our staff to be very welcoming and friendly. We appreciate all of your kind comments regarding our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you, and hopefully your family, in the future!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I arrived early in the morning, ten hours before check in time. I expected to check my bags and attend my scheduled meetings. The room was waiting. Similarly at Check out, things went smoothly.

All the basics associated with a high quality room were there. I did not notice a nit to pick. Excellent, but this is why I selected the hotel.

Room Tip: I usually favor hotels based upon location to my business plan. Then I go for assured creature comf...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for writing a review of the San Jose Marriott! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your kind comments regarding the smooth check-in and check-out and high quality room are greatly appreciated. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be excellent and that it met your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is an awesome hotel. Very nice during check-in, I felt very welcome. Treated well by all employees. Love the location, close to lots of places to eat, few hundred feet from light rail station, and right next door to the Convention Center.

Room Tip: Rooms facing SW & SE can see Airplanes on final approach to San Jose Airport ... they come reall...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for writing a review of the San Jose Marriott! We appreciate all of your kind comments regarding our hotel. We are happy to hear that you immediately felt welcome in our hotel and enjoyed our convenient location near the Convention Center, various restaurants and other local attractions. We are especially pleased that you were treated well by all employees as we continuously strive to offer excellent customer service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!