“Solid Marriott attached to convention center”
Review of San Jose Marriott

San Jose Marriott
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Massachusetts
“Solid Marriott attached to convention center”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here for a conference and really liked it. I routinely stay at the JW Marriott in DC and would put this hotel on par regarding service, cleanliness and the concierge lounge. Speaking of the concierge lounge, very nice with tasty food and a wonderful outdoor patio on the 26th floor.

Overall a good choice if you find yourself in the downtown area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for joining us at the San Jose Marriott! We appreciate your positive feedback on our guest services, our cleanliness, and the concierge lounge. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I love this Marriott in San Jose, CA. The rooms are modern, clean and the cooling/heating in the room is super quiet. The staff are friendly and helpful. The exercise room is great for a hotel with weight machines, dumbells and cardio machines. The exercise room needs a little better AC or air circulation as the exercise room gets super humid when busy. I paid in the $300-$350 range per night with taxes so the hotel is a bit pricey. That said, they hotel has invested in optimal room comfort especially minimizing room heating and cooling noise which is my pet peeve when ranking hotels.
The in-room TV only had standard definition TV programming and I'd like to see more channels in 1080 HD.

Room Tip: I stayed on floor 24 which was probably quieter than lower floors, closer to street noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the San Jose Marriott! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, the hotel facilities, and our staff members. We are quite proud of our guest services. Thank you for choosing Marriott. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to San Jose.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 27, 2014

when I checked out on a Tuesday morning there were maybe 30 people in the lobby waiting for their cars. I had called 20 minutes previously. I saw my ticket number was about 15th in the queue. after 45 minutes my ticket was missing. Total chaos. finally after an hour and ten minutes I got my car back. of course I missed my meeting. only cost me $30 (ha)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank bob c
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the difficulties you faced with the valet experience. Our parking spaces are located deep within the city parking garage and while the valet department is diligent about staffing, unfortunately we do get unusual queues at times that create challenges. Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to maintain and improve our guest experience. Please feel free to call the hotel at 1-408-280-1300 and ask to speak to our Director of Operations, Mr. Raman Natarajan, if you would like to discuss this matter further.
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stay at many Marriott properties and this one ranks among the best. It was comfortable and the staff was very accommodating and pleasant. The work desk could use an additional power outlet, but when I asked about this, they said this would be addressed in an upcoming renovation and offered me an additional power cord to use to work around the issue. Location very convenient if you are doing business in downtown San Jose and close to SJC airport.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your experience at the San Jose Marriott! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our accommodating staff and our location. We are glad to know that our staff members were able to offer you an additional power cord. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we hope to be able to serve you again in the future.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The San Jose Marriott's staff is very cordial always doing whatever is needed to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. My room was very clean and comfortable.The hotel lobby and public areas are well kept. The gym is very nice with multiple treadmills, weight machines as well as free weights.

• Stayed January 2014
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the San Jose Marriott! We are thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be so helpful and accommodating. We appreciate your kind comments on our well kept facilities and our gym. Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed January 26, 2014

if you are looking for WOW service, then this is your hotel. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left, the staff bended over backward to provide me with top notch service. Great hotel gym. I facilitated a workshop on-site and the staff was fabulous in making sure every need was met. My only "nit" is the 12.95/day internet charge.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are glad to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations and we were able to accommodate your every need. We take great pride in our guest services. We appreciate your honest feedback on our internet and we will pass your comments on to management. We hope to have you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to San Jose.
Nipomo, California
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great location if you are going to the Convention Center. I would suggest parking in the Center, it is cheaper and easier than the Marriott valet. The line for valet was long and you basically wait in the street since the court is so small. If there is an event at the CC, beware that it is insane in the lobby. I would never stay there for a relaxing visit, but the rooms are nice, bed comfortable, staff nice but not WOW. Don't know how much I didn't pay for the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your convention experience. We appreciate your positive comments on our pleasant staff and comfortable rooms. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.